Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 3

The Straw Hat’s Crew p.o.v  - Zoro again.

We followed Azmaria to Myra’s shop. One thing I don’t get is how she shortens her name from Azmaria to Rune. Then again, it’s not my business. Ugh, Luffy acts like a child. He was pointing at anything and everything.  Just because we’re in a new town doesn’t mean that everything is 100% new. It was just like any other town. Eventually, we came into the shop. We were so hungry and the room was filled with the smell of food. We sat at a four chaired table, waiting to eat. At least, I was anyways.

“Hey Myra! You have some new guest’s that want to eat!” Azmaria called out for.

In a moment, Myra came out, fixing her bandana. She came by to see what Azmaria meant by guest’s, and her eyes grew a little bit wide.

“My word, it’s been years since I saw new faces. So, what’ll it be?” she said.

Nami and I were looking and the menu and Luffy gave that ridiculous grin of his without even looking at the options.

 “Everything on the menu! I want to eat meat too!” he yelled at the top of his lungs, which wasn’t necessary because we were right here. Nami looked at Luffy like she wanted to yell at him, but luckily for him, her hunger restrained her from doing so. Unluckily, however she did hit it really hard in the head. I sighed, why did I have a brainless idiot for a captain? Upon hearing that we wanted to eat anything and everything, Myra went to go cook.

“So, you’re all travelling together?” Azmaria asked, starting a conversation with us to kill the time we had to wait.

“Yup! We’re pirates heading to the grand line! That’s where I’ll be named king of the pirates!” Luffy announced.

“That’s a big dream Luffy. I hope you’ll be able to live up to the expectations of it. You know, by the time you get there, I bet you’ll have one very odd crew. For example, how you seemed to get a deadly pirate hunter to join you is beyond my comprehension. But you know; you three are the luckiest people in the world…” Azmaria encouraged, though her smile vanished.

Something about her was making you feel her pain if she had any. It was like she longed to escape but can’t. Something is keeping her captive here. We all realized easily. Then, breaking the awkward silence Myra had come with the food. Most likely Azmaria’s sorrow is still on Luffy’s mind, even though he’s focusing in the food.

“Order’s up!” she shouted cheerfully, putting the plates of food on the table.

With wide eyes, Azmaria looked up at the clock. Hurriedly, she placed money on the table and headed for the door.

“I got to run! I’ll see you soon. Later Myra.” She called out for, running out of the shop.

Myra sat in her spot and sighed, with worry and concern engulfing her. While we were eating she stared up at the sketched picture right beside the clock Azmaria was looking at. It looked like the exact entrance of the shop.

“Can you tell us something about Azmaria?” Luffy asked, swallowing his food.

“She drew that picture didn’t she?” Nami added. “You look at it the way you look at her”

“Right on the dot there, miss.” Myra answered “In a way, Rune’s a lot like you three.”

“What’s with the name ‘Rune’ and how is she like us? What’s she like?” Luffy re-asked impatiently.

“Azmaria’s mother was named Luna and Lune her nickname. She couldn’t pronounce it right while her parents were alive, but her father called her that anyways. Azmaria is the spitting image of her so when she died, so everybody calls her Rune in memory of her mother. Rune is just, an angel with the Devil’ strength. You name it, she can write, draw, cook, clean, play music, fight, shoot in targets, an acrobat! She’s always wanted more than anything, to see the world. There’s only one thing that keeps her from crossing the borderline between the rest of this world and Cyral Island. Adventurous, brave, strong against all but one.” Myra briefly explained.