Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 8

Ussop’s P.O.V

Like Nami, I looked while Azmaria was drawing. He had huge, beady, swirly eyes with a barcode on his face. He looked like he just broke out of jail and didn’t have the decency to buy new clothes, except for that headband of course. And his structure looked like he was built to kill! I’m wondering about those red lines on his arms, they look…like chains.

“Is that him?” Nami dared asked. Rune’s gestures indicated that it was.

“For some reason, he seems familiar, but I can’t seem to place it. It’s probably my imagination though” she said, unsure. Gosh, to know someone who looks like that mustn’t be anything but frightening.

“Boy! He sure looks mean!” my intuitions never lie when I think a person is evil, like Kurahadol—that man hated my guts from day one. I never trusted him, and it turns out I was the one who was right.

By then, Luffy popped down. “He’s over taxing people with time. Even the kids are working to pay it off!” Luffy…actually came up with a plan! And what’s up with Nami? Probably thinking if we don’t get a reward in cash for this or something…“Let’s split up around the base and find out how he takes away time. He says there’s a method. Azmaria, Ussop, you go get some mirrors to bring to the town.”

“What do you need the mirrors for?” Azmaria asked. I sense a showdown coming along.

“To call him out. Kids should be living their dreams!” Luffy decalred

“I’m going to find out more information on this.” Nami said, leaving.

Earlier, from boredom, Zoro was pacing around, and soon got himself lost. “I’m going to go look for Zoro!”

Nami stopped him before he could pursue on his job. “Uh, Luffy, how about you find out how they take away time, while I find Zoro” she then whispered to Azmaria, making her laugh. I would assume she insulted them.

Luffy called me over to tell me something. “Don’t make her do the work herself. You’re a man, aren’t you?” he said. “And don’t lie to get out of it!”

I wanted to glare for the fact he saw through the fact that I would have lied but instead I nodded and saluted. “Roger.” Everyone knew both sides to the story. Why, while Rune here thinks she’s been nothing but a burden, Luffy wants her to burden us. It was poor choice of words you can understand where I’m getting at. Nami thinks he likes her, but I think we ought to see how this one turns out. With a mind like his, I doubt he’s going to think like that too soon. I don’t even think such a thought is possible to be put in a noggin as thick as his.

“Let’s go, Ussop” she called out.  We went on down to the place where the mirrors were held. Azmaria knew the way. I said.

“Are you sure the mirrors are here?” I asked. This place didn’t have anything but greenery to it.  I remembered this was the pace, but forgot already where the cavern of mirrors was.

“It’s here; you can see where Luffy’s arm collided. I’ll go in and bring them out, you start bringing them to town, okay?” she suggested.

I agreed in gesture, as she went in. “You got it—Oh no!” my eyes widened when I saw that someone reveled himself from the shadows. Built structure, barcode on face, striped jumpsuit and a headband that certainly stands out. It was the guy she drew, but with sunglasses.  He closed the door behind her.

“Well, well, well, I got a report saying that there were those who weren’t at their jobs, but I also got a report that pirates came to shore, so it made the first report make sense.” He cracked his knuckles. It sounded like he was snapping bones! That’s an evil grin if I ever saw one!