Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 6

Azmaria’s p.o.v

It was dawn now. Luffy, Ussop, and I woke up. Luffy barged into Nami’s and Zollo’s room, waking them up. They both chucked random object at him, but as usual, Luffy got his way. It was on we go now. “Hey Luffy…What exactly are we searching to find?” I asked.

He took off his hat and scratched his head. “I don’t know.” He deadpanned. Everyone sighed. We should have expected this from him.

“Well,” Nami started. “We’re looking to find out how he’s depriving time. Then we figure out how to stop him.” she said.

“Oh, right!” Luffy recalled as we all nodded.

“If we’re going to find information, we’re going to have to find someone that has the time. Everyone’s rushing, so there are probably spies all over to keep track.” I said.

“Alright! But first, we eat!” Luffy cheered.

“I’m with Luffy on that one.” Zoro agreed.

We all headed to town. The clock, well actually, all the clocks as far as the eye can see, which was everywhere, only resulted that it really was early. Few were already rushing about. It was easier by this time to tell who the spies were. Well, since we hadn’t explored the town yet, we went to the same restaurant as before. The person we had spoken to wasn’t here. We all ordered something with eggs. Afterwards, we had to start our search.

“I think it’d be best to search in pairs” said Ussop. It was a good idea.

Nami raised an eyebrow, seeing right through him. “Oh really? Interesting observation, it would make sense to do that. Or could it be that you’re too scared to face the pirates alone, if such a thing were to happen?”

He panicked a little, then sighed. “Rats. Saw right through me.” He said

I patted his head. “Don’t feel bad. It would be scary to deal with them right now.” I comforted.

“Yeah! Let’s split up! We call go in pairs!” he cheered.

“Idiot, no we can’t. There are five of us, it wouldn’t work.” Zoro pointed out

Luffy thought about it for a moment. He tried to do the calculation mentally, using his fingers. “Oh, you’re right. It doesn’t work” he noted. He laughed. “Well, let’s split it up like this! Ussop goes with Zoro, and I go with Rune! Nami, you can take care of yourself, right?”

“Of course I can Luffy; it’s you boys that can’t take care of yourselves.” Nami said, walking away. She looked back and waved. “Have fun” she smiled. I guess she didn’t protest because she didn’t want then guys holding her back if she finds something. Although, I just hope Ussop is going to come back in one piece, him being with Zoro. Before I could make a switch, Luffy dragged me off.

It was hard to get around without people zooming past us on the ground. So Luffy came up with a “bright idea” and stretched his hand to one of the roofs and pulled himself up onto it, dragging me along too.

Panting, I looked down to see where I used to be standing half a second ago. “Luffy, please. Send me a warning before you do that again! We could have been caught!” I said.

He laughed. “Sorry. But no one noticed. See?” he pointed down and no one was looking up at us, questioning what just happened.

“You have a point but still. We have to be stealthy. You never know, one of the spies could have saw and pretended not to notice.” I warned. “But why did we come up here? We can’t get any information like this.”