Pirate Chains - Monkey D. Luffy: Chapter 4

Luffy’s p.o.v.

Time to start the search! But, just then, Nami came back from her direction. “Luffy, if you’re putting her on the crew then what will she do in specific?” Nami, asked puzzled.

“I’m going to ask Myra what she does best! Wait here.” I commanded. I went back in the shop and walked over to Myra. “What does she do best?” I asked.

“Writing.” She said. “Read this.”

She handed me a stack of lined paper attached together by ribbons in the holes. It was a story. It was a story about a princess that lived in a sand castle. It was a cute story. I liked it a lot. There were more where that came from. Tons more. “Why did you show me this?” I asked, giving it back to her.

“Because Luffy, Rune wrote this story. The kids come in from time to time and read it.” She explained.

“Then, she’s perfect for the job!” I exclaimed running out to tell Nami what she’ll do. “She’s going to be our story writer!”

“You mean a chronicler.” She stated.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“It’s the technical term for her job.” She explained.

“Oh. Well, I’m going to go look around.” I said, running away from her.

For awhile I went and asked random villagers for what they know about it, which was basically nothing. I searched all the trees and rocks and roofs and everywhere! I walked through the forest and found in a tree a whole bunch of random stuff. Since there were sketch pads and notebooks, I assumed it was Azmaria’s. I won’t start calling her Rune until she’s an official member. I was wandering, looking up at the sky thinking this was hopeless until I accidently ran into somebody. I looked to see Azmaria on the ground.

“Oh, it’s you Azmaria!” I said getting up and extending a hand for her to take. “Guess what? We decided you’re going to be in my crew! Myra told us about you. You’ll be our story writer! But Nami says I have to call you a chrony-something.”

“A chronicler.” She corrected.

“Yeah, that’s it! So, do you know where your watch is?” I asked.

“As a matter of fact Luffy-Luck, I saw it again for the first time in years!” Azmaria said, saying I’m luck. “See that man?” She pointed to a man in the crowd. “He has it. Let’s tail him Luffy!”

“Why does he have it?” I asked, as we kept our distance from him.

“He tried to get the blacksmith, Archie to destroy it.” She answered, sadly. “I was so relieved that Archie refused.”

“That rotten jerk!” I yelled in a hushed, balling his hands into fists.

Destroy it?! I don’t think so. Somebody’s treasure shouldn’t be broken. I should know, I’d hate to see my hat be demolished.

We followed him into the night, where he unexpectedly walked into a cave. He dropped the gold watch and started stepping on it! He threw it everywhere and smashed rocks into it. Azmaria was devastated. Tears formed, flowing down as I couldn’t say I word. Seeing this made me downright furious. I put my hat on her head and walked over to that horrible man.

“Hey you, rotten jerk!” I called out.

I used the gum-gum fruits power to extend my arms to start a battle, coming closer to him with each step. Punches were flying from all directions, and was eventually knocked out. I carefully picked up the pocket watch, dusting it off.