20: "Fierce and Formidable"

You
When we arrived, the taxi driver helped us take out our luggage out of the taxi. After we were done, we stood infront of him as he looked at us.

"Hopefully you are protected from Hurrican Herman when it arrives here with your Aunt Josephine." The taxi driver said. "Well, we have heard that she is a fierce and formidable woman." Violet said.

The taxi driver looked at her. "She must be." He replied and got back in his taxi. "Have a nice day!" He said from the taxi as he drove off. "Thank you!" Klaus blurted out.

I looked over at him. "Well, I guess we can try and start a new life with our Aunt Josephine." I said to him. "Yeah. Hopefully we do." He replied. I reassured him with a half smile.

Violet looked at us. "Well, we need to knock on her door now." She said. We went up to her door and Violet rang the doorbell. It didn't seem to be working.

Klaus was about to knock on the door but then it suddenly opened. A lady appeared infront of it. "Don't knock, you might get splinters fly off the door and into your face." The woman said.

Violet and Klaus exchanged looks. "Oh, well, im Violet, these are my siblings-" just as she was about to finish, the woman interrupted her. "Klaus and Sunny. Come in, come in." She said.

We all walked in and she looked at me. "You must be (Y/N), they have already told me about you." She said. We all looked over at the phone that was covered up.

"Why is it covered up?" Klaus asked. "I don't like electricity in the house, it can make it blow up, so thats why I keep everything disconnected." The woman replied.

Klaus looked at her. "A telephone and a doorbell are not dangerous." He said. "I keep it like that just in case." She replied. Klaus continued to look at her.

Violet cleared her throat. "Do you live with our Aunt Josephine?" She asked. The woman looked at her. "I am your Aunt Josephine." She said and turned to a mirror as she yelled at her reflection.

Klaus and Violet exchanged looks. "You are?" Violet asked. "Yes." She said, looking back at us. "Are you sure?" Klaus asked her. "Of course, im sure. Although I would prefer the word, certain." Aunt Josephine replied.

We were still a little confused. "Now, follow me this way, just don't step on the rug, you may trip and break your necks." Aunt Josephine said as she walked passed us and we all looked at each other.

"Fierce Aunt Josephine." Violet said and sighed. Klaus sighed as well. "Formidable Aunt Josephine." He said. I could hear Sunny babble something.

Aunt Josephine turned and lookef at Sunny. "Delmo? What do you mean by delmo? I consider myself an expert in the English language but I sure haven't heard of delmo." She said.

Klaus looked at her. "Sunny doesn't speak fluently yet. Just baby talk." He explained. "Well, when you open this door, you will find answers, because I know you must have a lot of questions." Aunt Josephine said.

Violet looked at her. "Yes we do." She replied. "Well, inside here, you will find all you need, so, open." Aunt Josephine said moving out of the way and we were walking toward the door.

She quickly stopped us. "Just push on the door, we don't want the knob to break and hit you on the face." She said and moved out of the way again.

When we opened the door, it was a library. Maybe in here we could find the answers we needed from Aunt Josephine.