School & Stress

A/N: IM SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED AHHHH. ANYWAYS, HERES A THINK I BASED OFF MY OWN LIFE. HAHA IM FINE.

*HIGHSCHOOL AU*

The problem seemed to stare daggers into James Madison's eyes. It was a very difficult and confusing Algebra problem. He sighed, rubbing his temple. He glanced at Thomas from across the room, but he didn't look back as he busily worked away.

James looked around. Everyone was busily working away. He glanced at the girl next to him, Peggy Schuyler. She was already on problem six, while James was stuck on number two.

James felt his heartbeat increase as he continued looking around. No one else was confused, why was he? Am I really that stupid? 

James sat there for another moment before the ball rang. "Hah, that was so easy!" Peggy exclaimed as she packed up herself things. The teacher dismissed the class and everyone walked out.

James was one of the last kids out. "Everything making sense? You looked a little confused." The teacher asked. James nodded, trying to convince himself more than her. He bolted out of the class and to his locker. He always waited for his boyfriend at the end of the day so he could get a ride home.

James threw his book into his bag and slung it over his shoulder. "Hey," Thomas said, coming up to him. The hallways was almost completely empty so he placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

James flushed. "Hi," he mumbled, closing his locker. They walked side-by-side to Thomas's car.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asked as they stepped out of the building together. James shrugged, avoiding the question. He'd just think you're an idiot anyways.

Thomas gave him a look. "I can tell when your sad. What's wrong?" Thomas asked. They reached his car and both got in.

James shrugged again. "Nothing really," he mumbled. Don't.

Thomas looked over at him. He sat back in his seat before, crossing his arms. "Were not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong." He said.

James sighed. "Thomas, please–"

"No," Thomas interrupted, "You're gonna tell me what's wro–"

"I'm fucking stupid, okay?" James yelled. Good one. You've really done it this time.

Thomas was quiet for a moment. "James, you're not stupid. What's makes you say that?" He asked, concerned.

James looked out the window, avoiding eye contact. "Algebra was really hard today..." he mumbled. Such a bitch. Always complaining.

"James," Thomas began, taking his hand, "It's okay. That doesn't make you stupid."

James flushed. "I,...it's just that I looked around and everyone was just working away while I sat there like an idiot, confused." James said. Yeah, because you are an idiot.

"Jame, you're the smartest person I know. You're just not good at math, but that's okay!" Thomas reassured. "I mean you can pull out history facts like it's nothing. And you can draw like fuckin' Mozart."

James snorted. "He was a musician."

"Whatever," Thomas said, rolling his eyes, "you get my point. Just cause you're not that good at math doesn't mean you're horrible at everything."

James smiled. For the first time that day he actually felt good about himself. "Thanks," he said, smiling.

Thomas grinned, pulling him in for a kiss. James reddened and kissed him back. After a moment he pulled away. "Now, can we please go home? I wanna get as far away from this hellhole as I can." James said.

Thomas laughed and nodded, turning the car on. He pulled out of the now empty school parking lot.

Thomas began after a moment, "Y'Know James, you are kinda dumb."

James snapped his head to Thomas. "What? Why?" He asked, hurt.

Thomas grinned at him. "Because you fell in love with me."

James blushed and shoved him away. "You suck." James said, laughing.

Thomas turned to him. "Yeah, I do." He said, winking.

James just rolled his eyes, smiling. He loved his boyfriend, always there for him, always making stupid jokes.