Mary

I stifle my scream as I suffer the horrible sight of seeing Brom sliced in half. I vividly remember the sight of his blood spraying out in the moonlight, gleaming as if his blood drops are stars blanketing the evening atmosphere. Only they aren't stars; it's just the life ripped out of Brom and splattered onto the earth.

I sob silently to myself, thinking that Ichabod has fallen under the same fate. But the Horseman swings his sword and axe into a more relaxed poise, and stalks back to his steed Daredevil. I wait until he disappears back to the forest with the sack filled with the Killians' heads.

That monster... oh, Brom... I am so, so sorry.

Ichabod!

I race down the hill on my steed, halting at the end of the bridge opposite of Ichabod's. Already the stench of blood is thick in the air, causing me to gag.

Brom's innards are spilled out on the wooden boards, his blood coating every possible square inch of this half of the bridge. I close my eyes and urge my steed forward. I feel it move with reluctance, but I am grateful it obeyed.

My nose burns with the coppery smell of blood as we pass the gruesome remains of Brom. I can't hold it back. I sob deliriously, feeling insanity tug at my reality.

My breathing hollows out, and and hyperventilation threatens me. Tears stream down my face in hot salty streaks, whimpers breaching my lips, desperate for their escape.

I urge the steed past the bridge, and past Ichabod's limp form. Upon halting the steed, I slide off and hurry to Ichabod's side. "Ichabod?! Ichabod wake up please!"

He groans a little when I shake him gently. I look up, desperate for help. I can't get Ichabod to stand, not when he is this weak.

"Help!" I shout at the top of my lungs, repeatedly screaming out for somebody's assistance.

Finally I hear some other footsteps approach. I look up with tears streaming down my face.

"Please, help me! Ichabod is hurt... The Horseman has killed f-four times t-tonight..." I cry out, my voice going raw with screaming.

I see Reverend Steenwyck and Doctor Lancaster rushing towards me, panic creasing their foreheads. "Lady Mary, what are you doing out this late?!"

"T-The Horseman has attacked us. He murdered the Killians and... and B-Brom. And he... he stabbed Ichabod, but he isn't dead. Please, help me get him to my manor," I say in a rush, fighting my heart-wracking sobs.

Reverend Steenwyck comes up to me and helps me up. "We will take him there. Where's Katrina and young Masbath?"

"They went home. I stayed with Ichabod because I worried for his safety," I inform, feeling a bit calmer.

"Oh my God..." Doctor Lancaster utters, and I look at him to see his focus on where Brom's remains lie.

"Please help me get Ichabod onto the horse's back. He is severely injured," I beg, making Doctor Lancaster tear his gaze from Brom to me.

"Yes, yes... o-of course," he nods and then kneels to pull up the constable.

Within a few moments of struggle, we get Ichabod onto the steed, and I hop on behind Ichabod's limp form. I do my best to hurry back to the manor without causing Ichabod any pain, if he is feeling any...