Chapter Eighteen

Elena sighed as the driver loaded the boot of the car with their bags. They were finally going back to London. She was going to have to face her brothers and hope that they would accept her decision because they were going to have to live with it. That was the main reason Elena was silent for most of the way home but she had managed to fall asleep for the last hour. "Ella?" Seb said quietly to wake her "we're home" he smiled. Elena opened her eyes and stretched before getting out of the car. Jims house was amazing. It was close to being a mansion. It had a big garden which was well taken care of and a drive which stretched down to two wooden gates. "You live here?" She said a bit shocked. "No.... we do" Jim smiled and took her inside but she didn't get chance too look around before her phone started buzzing. "Ugh..... it's Sherlock .... can we go and talk to him, I don't want him constantly nagging me." She sighed. "Hmm I guess so, come on" he said taking her out and bag into the car.
Elenas palms were now sweaty and shaky as Jim parked outside sherlocks apartment. It seemed like ages since she had been here. She walked into the silent apartment and up the stairs with Jim following close behind. She was about to knock but Sherlock swung the door open leaving Elena speechless. She couldn't deny she wanted to burst out crying because of how much she missed him but Sherlock just looked at her completely disgusted. "What do you want ...." he said making Elena tear up. "You wanted to see me" she frowned a little. "That was then..... I've given up. Get out" he said sternly. "Sherlock.... don't do this" she said panicking "I'm sorry but I didn't do this to upset you. Are we not going to talk about how you faked your own death and didn't tell me" she said pushing him into the flat and let her tears fall. "You abandoned me! You let me think you died! You bastard!" She shouted and broke down in tears leaving Sherlock and Jim stood staring at her. Sherlock was speechless and just watched her. Her emotions were clearly real unlike sherlocks predictions of her crying to get what she wanted like she usually does. "Elena ..... I'm... i shouldn't have. It's my fault you've gone down the wrong road" he said glaring at Jim. "What...." she said looking up at him in disbelief. "Wrong road? Fuck you. Jim was there for me, he's never hurt me and I've had the time of my life with him. You and Mycroft just lie, and only care about yourselves, you don't want me with Jim just because you don't like him. It has nothing to do with you caring about me" she snapped "don't you ever talk to me again!" She shouted and walked passed Jim quickly and down the stairs.
Jim stayed silent as he walked over to Sherlock "you hurt her one more time ..... and I'll make sure you never see her again. You have played the wrong moves Sherlock" he said looking around the flat "choose your next move wisely" he said and made his way out to Elena who was sat on the step outside sobbing uncontrollably into her hands. Jim wasn't exactly sure what to do, he hadn't had to deal with crying women... well none that he cared for anyway. "Elena..... " he said pulling her to stand up "I'm sorry, I know that's not how you wanted it to go but ..... you have to think about yourself and what makes you happy and not others. Let me take you home, you can have a bath and we can sit and watch a film or something yeah?" He said pulling her into a hug. Elena just nods not wanting to say anything. She got in the back of the car while Jim got in the front to drive home. He text Seb quickly to update him before getting out and opening the door for her. Her face was pale and her eyes were red from crying. She kept her head down as she followed Jim inside. Seb came over to them "umm... bath is running ... did you want anything else?" He asked but Elena didn't answer. "I don't think so, let's just take her up" they took her up to the bathroom and let her take a bath. She was in there until the water went cold. She got out and wrapped a towel around her. How could Sherlock just not care about her anymore? That was just one of the many questions running through her head. She came out into the bedroom where Seb had placed PJ's and a dressing gown on the bed for her. She got changed into them and but her hair into a messy bun. She opened the bedroom door to a long hall way, the house had many rooms and was decorated like a very old but posh hotel. The house seemed silent so she walked downstairs to find Jim and Seb. She was about to knock on a door where she heard voices before she heard someone shout.
"We had a deal!" The voice shouted "three months in America for this case and we pay." He growled. Elena frowned and pushed her ear against the door. "Well I've changed my mind. I can't be away for three months." He sighed "I told you I can send one of my employees" Elena was getting worried by this point just as someone grabbed her hip and put their hand over her mouth.

////////////////////////////////////////////
I'm starting to write a new story about Elena and Seb. (Nothing to do with this story) but hopefully you can read and enjoy it. I will be posting not long after this so look out for it!!!