Chapter Three: Inspiring

~Naruto's POV

I ran into my apartment and closed the door behind me, locking it shortly after.
I went over to the window that over looked the path. The path I left Sakura on.

She was standing there in front of them. With her arms out stretched. Blocking them from reaching me.

"Fine then! We'll just take care of you!" A boy shouted at her.

The colour drained from my face. Paling to a lighter shade of white.

They wouldn't hurt her would they? I did not want to see her hurt. I had only met her to day, yet I already care so much about her. I don't know how to explain it, it's just...The bond of family she had mentioned earlier. What I feel exceeds that.

Those kids wouldn't stoop so low as to hurt a girl right?

But as usual I was wrong.

They surrounded her. Trapping her in a circle, there was no way she could get out. 

They closed in on her slowly but she stood her ground. Not backing down and not showing fear.

A boy decided to make the first move and swung a punch at her but she skillfully moved out of the way making him punch another kid.

I gaped in awe.

That was amazing! How did she do that?

'You go Sakura!'

The boy who got hit held his now bleeding nose and glared at the boy who had accidentally hit him.

Sakura didn't waver but took up a fighting stance, one that is both offence and defence.

They kept swinging at her but she kept dodging and evading them, like a ninja would.

She could've easily hit them at any given time but by the looks of it she did not wish to hurt them.

The more they missed the more frustrated and tired and got. It's more tiring to swing and miss than actually landing a hit. But they couldn't which caused them to slow down.

I was cheering from the sidelines. Rooting for her all the way.

But my excitement was short lived.

"Hey what's going on here?!?" A male voice yelled.

The fight ceased and everyone, including myself turned towards the sound of the voice.

There stood three Chunin level ninja, a squad I assume. They were wearing their Chunin vests and their hidden leaf head bands on their forehead.

The one from the squad who spoke up had brown hair and yellow eyes.

"Hikaru! This girl is friends with the demon!" A boy from group said.

"Is that so? Well then, we're going have to teach you a lesson" Hikaru responded.

The group of kids surrounding Sakura dispersed and made a path for the three Chunin, straight to her.

In height, the three make Chunin towered over young little Sakura. Doubled her weight, and size. Not to mention out ranked her, heck she just started her first year at the academy.

She was outmatched and everyone knew so.

The three Chunin walked over to her in an intimidating matter that made me cower in fear but Sakura looked them straight in the eye and not once did she falter.