Chapter Six: Pink

It was five o'clock in the morning when I awoke. I usually wake up at this time for reasons unknown to me but my body is somehow accustomed to it but I'm not complaining. I lifted my head from the small pillow that now a had an indent the size of my head. I stretched my arms as I let a yawn escape my lips. My neck was slightly sore from the awkwardness of the angle I had slept in, I began to lightly rub it in hope of easing the pain. It slightly helped but it still ached but I shrugged it off and started out my day. I walk over to the box containing my clothes and pull out a light purple t-shirt, a pair of blue shorts that stop just below the knee and a red hoodie.

I set them aside before the closing the box and opening the smaller one to take out my medical supplies once more. I removed the bandages I had put on last night slowly. It's once white color was stained with red from the blood that leaked from cuts and darkened from the dirt and grime. I threw away the old bandages and cleaned the cuts like I had done the night before. They had scabbed over slightly overnight but I did not want to risk infection. I wrapped my wounded body with a new set of bandages and the put away the medical supplies back into the box.

I then proceeded to change into the clothes I had put out. I left the hoodie unzipped at the front and it showed off my undershirt so that way no one would be suspicious of it hiding anything. Not that anyone would suspect an academy student of hiding anything but still, it didn't hurt to be careful.That hooded jacket hid my bandaged arms and torso well. Not revealing any of it but I displayed my marred up legs freely. No one would question those cuts and if someone did an answer could easily be supplied to counter it.

After brushing my teeth and hair, washing my face and folding the blankets from my bed, I went downstairs to make breakfast.

You see, I had to figure out how to cook and make my own meals because my parents refused to feed me. So after a few trips to that library and many failed attempts, I learned how to. Now I could make edible meals, perhaps they didn't test very good but food was a necessity of life so a stomached it, literally. I don't mean to sound so depressing, I apologize! I read that our outlook on life greatly affects our mindscape so I'll be more optimistic.

I mean, things will get better right? My parents don't mean what they do or say, they're just working through some things right now and as their daughter, I've got to be there to support them.

For breakfast I crack open a few eggs and made scrambled eggs, it was quick and easy to make so it was one of the first things I learned to make. It gives me protein to help grow 'big strong muscles' but I've come to realize that will never happen. But I can always dream. After eating, I checked the time to see it was nearly six thirty. Huh, I must have zoned out for a while there. Or I just eat really slow, meh who knows? So I put on my standard blue ninja sandals and headed out the door. I'm supposed to be at the academy for eight thirty but with all this time on my hands, I'd thought I would go wander around the village.

It was early morning but the streets were bustling we people, the marketplace was crammed with early morning shoppers looking to snag the fresh produce the shops had laid out. There weren't many little kids out, I wasn't expecting any to be awake at this hour and maybe that's why I was getting so many weird stares. That or my pink hair, it tends to happen when you have such an exotic hair color. Some older women came up to me and pinched my cheeks, cooing at me and my supposed adorableness. That's strange, my parents never called me that, why are these women telling me lies?

Anywho, besides that, my walk was uneventful so I headed to another part of the village close to the forest. I think I was at the training grounds because I saw some shinobi in green vests throwing kunai at a wooden post.

'WOAH! They hit the bull's eye every time! I wanna be able to do that!'

'They'll teach you at the academy someday'