Chapter 6: stand up for the things you love

Tyler

The guys got tired of playing basketball so they came and sat with me and Josh. Brendon was still joking about Josh and calling him a gaywad. "Leave him alone Bren." I said. "AWw protecting your little boyfriend? You protecting your precious Joshie?" Brendon said on the verge of laughter. I just got up and walked away and to my surprise, Josh followed me. He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around. " Brendon was just joking. He didn't mean it. But thanks for standing up for me." Josh said and pulled me into a hug. A tear ran down my cheek and I choked out the words "If my family finds out that I am bi I will be kicked out. I know it. And I just can't do it. I need to tell them but I can't." I thought that Josh would let me go and call me sensitive but my words only made him hold me tighter.

Josh

I just couldn't let go of Tyler. He is so smol and I feel the need to protect him. I could feel Tyler nuzzle his head into my chest. I heard him sniffle. Then I heard the guys walking up. I mean you can hear Brendon's obnoxious laugh from miles away so. I pulled away from Tyler and wiped the tears from his face with my thumb. How could someone be so adorable. He is a pretty crier though.