Life's Prices

I woke up with an obnoxious yawn and stretched before getting out of bed. I blinked lazily a few times before just sitting there.
"I don't really want to get up," I said to myelf before laying back down. Suddenly the door opened and Yasopp came in with Lucky Roo and Kumagashi, a pirate with long blonde hair and a hat that had the crew's Jolly Roger on it.
"Rise and shine sleeping beauty," Yasopp said. I groaned and put the pillow over my head.
"Come on girly, wake up. Its already noon and the captain is teaching you to swim remember?" I blushed when they mentioned Shanks and hid further into the bed.
"Go away," I said.
"Sorry, no can do," Yasopp said, "we need to feed you and then you need to change so you can learn how to swim."
"I don't wanna," I stated plainly. One of then sighed I heard footsteps that sounded like they were leaving. I relaxed a bit and tried to drift off to sleep until I felt a rush of cold air out of no where. I yelped and sat up to see the men with my blanket.
"Now yoh have no choice but to get up," Donzi said. They knew that if I got up then I couldn't go back to sleep so they took the blanket and put it on the other side of my cabin.
"Your dead meat," I screamed before chasing them outside the cabin. They taunted me like children, sticking out their tongues and waving they're fingers behind they're heads. I, somehow, got the strength to pick up Lucky Roo over my head, startling the poor man.
"You bastards must pay!" I threw Lucky Roo at the two and they looked back with fear as he collided with them. I brushed my hands together with a scowl before turning to walk away, only to bump into someone. I looked up to see a very pissed off Shanks with a scary smile on his face.
"Your late for your swimming lessons, Kazumi," he said.
"Uhh, heh heh, ya see there is a really funny story for that that I'll tell you about later on in the next life. For now I'll go get changed and we can start, okay?" I gave him a nervous laugh before running to my cabin and leaning against the door.
Jeez, why does today have to be an odd day?
I took off my pjs and placed them on the bed. Since I always wear my swim cloths I just walked out the door. Everyone except Ignus, a pirate with long blonde hair and a bandana with the crew's Jolly Roger on it, Shigura, a bald pirate with panda eyes, a scar on the side of his face, and a monkey that never leaves his shoulder, and Kanamiru, a lion looking man with sharp teeth. I felt and arm around my waist and knew it was Shanks.
"Uh, Shanks?"
"No more time to waste," he said with a wicked grin.
"Wait, what are you-" I was cut off by my own scream as he picked me up and jumped from the ship into the water.

"You almost got it," Shanks said as I swam over to him. I got tired mid way and stopped moving, drowning in the process. Shanks yanked me from the water and held me close to him as I coughed up water.
"It seems like she's worst off then Luffy was back then,"Yasopp said.
"No kidding," Benn replied
"Will you both shut up!" I calmed my coughing and looked up at Shanks with new found determination.
"Again," I commanded.
"Thats enough for the day," he said before guiding me to the rope ladder.
"But I was so close this time," I whined.
"We'll pick up tomorrow, its almost sun down." I looked over to the horizon and saw that he was right. The sun was about to set and I didn't want to miss it.

I was in the crows nest once more reading the book I found waiting for the sun to go down completely.
"Foods done ya know," Shanks said.
"I'll be down in a few." I didn't stop reading the book when I replied. Suddenly it was ripped from my hands.
"Hey, give that back," I said. I tried to snatch it back but he turned around, making my reach for it from behind.
"I remember this book it ended with the boy-"
"Don't say another word you red bastard," I exclaimed. Shanks laughed and gave me the book back. I huffed and went to sit back down but Shanks stopped me and sat down himself before pulling me onto his lap.
"What the-"
"Just read the book, its a good story."
"But your-" he shushed me and opened the book to the page I left off on.
"What ever." I made myself comfortable in his lap and read until the sun went down completely. By that time Shanks had fallen asleep, snoring softly.
I took that time to sit back and actually look as him. His red hair felt soft when I brush it away from his face, and his facial hair was soft too. My hands drifted upwards to the three scars on his eye but were stopped when Shanks grabbed it and pulled it away.
"I'm sorry," I said quickly, "I didn't mean to-" Shanks pulled me closer but never opened his eyes.
He's still sleeping I thought, thats a relief! I caressed his face more and a breeze waved by, making his hair dance across his face. Never has Shanks looked so beautiful to me. I found myself getting closer to his face, as if something was pushing me to him. Finally I kissed his cheek, making sure to linger there for a moment. When I pulled away, I saw his eyes were opened and shock was written all over his face. I backed away and stood to my feet.
"Shanks! I didn't mean to- I mean I hadn't planned to- uh," Shanks rose to his feet and stood in front of me with an unreadable expression.
"Shanks?" He chuckled before grabbing my hands and pinning them above my head.
"Shanks? What the-" Shanks bit my arm, making me yelp in suprise.
"I've been waiting for a sign," he said before kissing the spot he bit, "a sign that told me that you liked me." He nudged my head to the side with his own and bit down on my neck lightly, making me gasp in pleasure.
"I've been pushing it with teasing you, but I just couldn't help myself." He sucked on the spot he bit, making me moan softly, barely audibly.
"Now that I've gotten a sign-" Shanks looked at me with adoration, warmth, and something I couldn't place before bringing his head closer to mine.
"I can't let you go." He slowly brought his lips closer to mine. Our breaths mixed together from his closeness. Just as we were about to seal the kiss, cannon fire sounded before landing and exploding in the water. Making the ship rock. Shanks and I fell from the wave and the men below us ran around panicking.
"Stay here," Shanks said before jumping to help his men. I looked out at sea and saw it was a marine ship.
"Oh no! This can't be happening!" I jumped down myself but as I did so a wave from the cannon hit the water and rocked the boat, making me land wrong and sprain my ankle. I ignored the pain and tried to think of something.
If Nazami just pulled us away the marines would kill her. I need to find a way to distract them, quickly and long enough to have them escape. An idea popped up into my head and I quickly went into action.
Everyone was running around, busy with planning an escape so they didn't see or hear me call Nazami. The sea king showed itself and I had to act quickly. I told Nazami my plan and she reluctantly agreed to it. The marine ship was almost close enough for my plan and I climbed on top of Nazami's head and she took us under water. When we reached the marine ship I got off and hopped on board, praying that this would work.
"Go Nazami, its all up to you now!" She huffed but obeyed my orders and went back to Shanks' ship to take it away.
"Oi, a sea king is pulling the ship away," someone said.
"Well kill the damn thing. We can't let those pirates escape!" I quickly took a cannon from the side and aimed it onto the floor before firing it, making the shooter miss hks mark and the ship sway.
"What the hell is going on here." I fell to the ground and hugged my ankle but fear coursed through me when I looked up and saw none other than vice admiral Momomga glaring down at me.
"What is the meaning of this," he asked but I glared at him in return. A look of realization covered his fave but then a blank look.
"So, Akainu's daughter is with the pirates now, what a surprise turn of events."
"Sir, the Red-Haired Pirates have escaped."
"Very well than. Take this woman to the prisoner's quarters. We're delivering her to her father." Two crew memebers picked me up and dragged me away. I looked out to sea and smiled because everyone got away safely.
I'm sorry Shanks, I thought and a tear rolled down my face. I may never see them again.