Broken World

Its been days of nonstop torture. My mother comes by twice every three hours while my father has been around on the clock. After the cold room, I was placed in a dark room. They always asked where Shank's crew was and told me to say that Shanks kidnapped me.
The door opened and my father walked in with a plate if food. He sat it in front of me and I scoffed it all down immediately.
"Why," he asked out loud, "why are you with pirates." I stopped eating now.
"I raised you to beware of those criminals. All they do is terrorize innocent people."
"The Red-Haired Pirates are different, dad," I said lowly but loud enough for him to hear.
"If only that were true," he said leaving the room.
"Dad," I said, stopping him at the door, "please don't hurt them. They did nothing wrong! You have to listen too me!" He left the room and I sobbed. Crying for the pirates, my family, everything.
I don't know what day it is, everything is so dark. My father brings me food himself and my mother comes in to torture me without his authority. She says the most awful things as she hits me and stomps on me. They send someone to check my wounds at least. My body is fully wrapped in bandages up to my neck.
The door opened but I didn't want to see who it was. A sudden bright light came on and I shielded my eyes.
"Well seems you got yourself into a pretty nasty predicament." My eyes widened. That voice is-
I looked up and smiled at the man before me with is arm lit up.
"Kizaru!"
"Now whats this I here about you joining up with pirates," he asked. I looked away from his unusually stern look, it held too much disappointment.
"I never joined pirates but they didn't kidnap me either."
"Huh?" I sighed and toughened my face.
"Shanks saved me when I was fallimg from a cliff! They had to leave because marines were after them so its not like they could have just left me behind before leaving! The Red-Haired Pirates aren't terrible people! In fact they are probably the nicest pirates I've ever met." I looked down to hide my tears.
"I- I can't lie and say they kidnapped me! Its wrong!"
"Seems like you've grown too attached to them, don't you think?"
"Huh?"
"Your father is trying to help you, you know. If word got out that you were on a pirate ship no one would veiw you with respect at all. You'll be the target of hatred everywhere you go."
I took in his words and smiled.
"Ya know, its funny but, I don't mind at all."
"What?"
"Usually I worry about how others veiw me because its how I grew up. Being with Yasopp, Lucky Roo, Rockstar, Benn, Shanks and the others helped me to see that it doesn't really matter how others view me."
"And hows that?"
"Because my father doing these things to me. It's weird but everything he throws at me makes me see that I shouldn't care about the worlds opinion of me."
"Huh..." Kizaru turned and left along with his light but I saw the faintest smile on his face that gave me more encouragement.
After that I'd lost track of time again and my brain started to distort because of it. Hours could have been day, day can be seconds, its all a matter of will to not give up hope at all. My mind kept drifting to Shanks. The small moments we shared meant the world to me, they still do. I hope he will just move of and forget about me. I'll be fine on my own. Maybe later in the years we can see each other again.
My brain gave me a flash of the almost kiss we shared and I touched my lips, imagining how they would have felt. For some reason, my lips tingled, as if I had already kissed him before. Then there was the moment before that when he put me on his lap while I read that book. Hia face was almost child- like whenever he slept it was comical. He'd sleep with his mouth open wide and a small bit of drool would come out. It was adorable. If I think hard enough, I can still feel his soft red hair on my fingers. I blush, rememberingthat I had kissed his cheek that night. That was so stupid of me. I knew that we couldn't try to be together but I tried anyways. As long as I'm the daughter of a marine, I can't be with Shanks or his crew in any way, it'll only cause them trouble.
"Damn it! I'm such an idiot," I exclaimed and layed on the ground, "I actually thought..." my mind flashed to Shanks smiling down at me, "I thought..." I remembered how joy filled the crew was and how much fun I had with them, "I thought that I..." I remember Shanks being strict when teaching me to swim, Benn and Yasopp's wake up calls, The eating contest between me and Lucky Roo. I remembered everything.

Shanks' P.O.V
I sat in her cabin and thought back on every thing. The first memory I had was of her when she first woke up. She didn't care that she was on a pirate ship nor did she believe we would, or could, hurt her at first, she was worried about the orphan's treasure that she'd gotten. Then the memory of my heart clenching when she looked at me with fear after finding out we were notorious pirates. I swished my sake around but didn't drink it; I couldn't knowing that Kazumi saved us and was taken away from me.
"Captain," Benn said from outside the door.
"What is it?"
"According to oir navigator we're just three days away. We're also trying to giving Nazami a break for now but she's pushing herself too hard." I grew worried at this. Nazami was loyal to Kazumi but if she got hurt on my watch I could never forgive myself. I got up and went on deck and saw Nazami battling fatigue and Yasopp.
"Come on, Nazami! Do you really think Kazumi would like the fact that you got yourself hurt," he reasoned. The sea king roared aggressively but kept pulling the ship.
"Nazami, thats enough," I said to her but she ignored me.
"Yasopp is right, if you overdo it, Kazumi will be upset. Why don't you just take a break and the rest of us paddle there." The sea king paused before backing down and going underwater to rest.
"Jeez, it took me forever to convince her to rest herself," Yasopp said.
"Yeah, but captain knows his way with words, unlike you, Yasopp," Rockstar stated, causeing everyone to laugh.
"Alright men," I said loudly, "all hands on deck. We are going to paddle this boat like never before. We aren't stopping until Kazumi is back with us on this ship!"
"Aye," they all exclaimed.
"She thought she could just get rid of us easily but she thought wrong. If she wants out then she'll have to go through all of us!" The crew cheered and a few went to the bottom of the ship to paddle while the others raised the sails. I stood and looked forward, silently communicating with Kazumi as if she would hear me.

Kazumi
I felt coldness rush over me, waking me up. The sound of a bucket hit the ground as I gasped from the sudden wetness.
"Get up on you feet," my father demanded. I glared but did as he said. He took me by the arm and dragged me out of the dark room. We walked down a long, dreadful hallway before stopping at the room they had me chained again. This time, however, the room was at a normal temperature.
"You know what to do," my father said. Suddenly two men appeared out of no where and took me completely inside before chaining me up again. The buzzer and the red light came on as soon as the men stepped away from me. I was expecting the water again but that wasn't the case. A wave of electricity hit me, making me scream in pain.
"As you can see, this punishment will be different from anything else," my mother said after the electric current stopped," the voltage we have won't kill you or make you lose your memory, its set perfectly. I was panting and twitching now, I could still feel the electricity moving through my body.
"Now, could you please say those magic words? It hurts to see you like this."
"I- I," I paused a bit to gather my senses, "I wasn't kid-" the red light had come on again and the electricity hit me. I screamed again and felt saliva drip from my face. It stopped and I was left twitching again.
Around the twelfth time, she stopped quicker than she usually would. There was no voice on the intercom right after and I felt something was wrong.
"Sweetheart I have great news," my mother said happily, "those silly pirates that you were with are dead now! Isn't that great!"
I felt as if my whole world had collapsed at my feet.