Strong Resolve

I felt numb. Its been three days since I left with the marines. I was told that my father would collect me in a town called Grandosa, which was four days away. They also moved me to a private cabin as long as I promised not to try anything. I hadn't eaten since I got on this ship. I was to scared, dreading my father's wrath when I have to explain myself to him. I was also depressed because I missed the pirates. In this giant cabin fit for a queen I was stuffy. I had grown comfortable with my small cabin aboard Shanks' ship. My memories with them were the only things that kept me brave. I don't regret my time with them, I never will. I can face any punishment my father throws at me as long as I have those memories.

A knock sounded on the door but I didn't answer. I stayed in my position, layed on the bed with my back facing the door.
"Ms. Kazumi, your father wants to talk with you," Vice Admiral Momonga stated. He brought me a mini transponder snail and I gulped.
"Hi, dad," I said.
"Is it true that you helped pirates escape," he asked immediately.
"Dad, they're nice pirates! They didn't do anything wro-"
"There is no such thing as a nice pirate," he yelled, "I've taught you what a pirate was and you've seen how cruel they can be." I wimpered at the memory of those pirates. But my resolve was strong.
"Shanks isn't like that, dad! None of them ar-"
"We'll talk more when you get here." The transponder snail clicked and the call had ended. Tears fell down my face and I bit my lip to hold back a sob. Momonga took the snail and left the room, giving me a look of pity.

We would be arriving to the island in less than an hour. Momonga had convinced me to eat after the call between me and my father ended. He told me I needed strength to deal with him, which was truth. I held on to my courage as my fears spiked up. I was scared of facing my father. From experience I knew what was going to happen. He was going to question me first then he was going to lock me in a dark room for days without food before sending me home to mother who would punish me for ruining her peace. Its a never ending thing, something that happened when I would misbehave.
I wonder what the others are doing right now. Knowing Shanks he'd try to rescue me. Luckily he won't know where I am.

We arrived on the island and my father told the men to put me in cuffs as we walked through town. I hid my face with my hair so that no one could see my face. The whispers of curiosity bloomed around me, wondering my identity and what I've done. They also mentioned my father being here, which made me shiver and wimper.
After an hour of walking, we arrived to a giant mansion that was beautifully made but had a heavy atmosphere. Momonga led me inside and took of the cuffs. Then I was face to face with my father and mother.
"Mom, I-" I was cut off with a slap from her. Never have either of my parents hit me.
"Don't mom me, you had me worry about you for weeks and then I find out you were with pirates?" She slapped me again and I fell to the floor from it. I spit out the blood and looked down at the floor.
"Imagine how people would react if they knew my daughter was going around, whoring with pirates!"
"I didn't-"
"Silence," my father said. He grabbed my wrist tightly and yanked me to my feet, also hurting my wrist.
"I've spent years teaching you what pirates are and how they work. They are criminals that steal and kill and cause mayhem where ever they go. Now you spit in my face by joining pirates?"
"Dad, they aren't like that," I yelled only to be punched by him. Pain seared through my abdomen and I curled into a ball.
"You'll never learn at all at this rate. We're going to get it through your head one way or the other," my mother said. She clapped and a few people dressed in black suits picked me up and dragged me away.

I was now in a dark room tied up in a chair. This was different from the other punishments I'd received. They never tied me up before. A bad feeling rolled in my gut just as the door opened. I could see my mothers outline waltzing into the room.
"Kazami, you've disappointed me for the last time. This punishment will surely bring you to your senses." I glared at her and she scowled befofe slapping me.
"How dare you look at your mother that way! Where is your respect?" She slapped me once more and this one packed power.
"Now, lets get this over with," she said and walked behind me, "where are those pirates now?"
"Tch, I'm not saying a wo-" she cut me off with another slap to the face.
"Lets not be difficult please. The ladies are waiting for me."
"Well then go to the ladies! I'm not a kid anymore!" She slapped me harder than ever, making me spit out blood.
"Where is my daughter? She's better than this, you imposter!"
"Thats enough," My father's voice boomed, "We'll have to take her to the next room since she won't talk." My mother huffed and snapped her fingers. I then felt a pinch on my neck and drowsiness instantly hit me.

I was chained up by my hands, my feet chained to the floor so I was suspended in air. I could barely move. It was also super cold in here. I was for to change into a thin white dress that hugged my body comfortably. The door opened and a few guys came it with a hose of some kind.
"Kazumi," my father said through the intercom, "this will be your only option. Your going to say those pirates forced you to come with them for ransom." I was mortified by my father request.
"But they never held me hostage! In fact I was free the entire time!" A red like came on amd a buzzer sounded. The men sprayed me with the hose and cold water hit me like an iceberg. I yelped from the cold and my body shivered. The tin dress didn't help anything either.
"Lets try that again Kazumi. Did the pirates hold you for ransom," my mother said.
"No," I chattered out. The red light and buzzer sounded again and the water hit me again, this time harder. So hard it stung.
"Until you give us the answer, sweety, you'll have to go through this. Don't worry, no one knows the truth about you. They think your too traumatized." I didn't recognize these people. I had always held my father in high regards, looking up to him but this is-
Another round of water hit me and I screamed. It was so cold. My body was freezing and my limbs began to go numb.
"Did the pirates hold you for ransom?" I shuttered more and hardened my voice enough to answer strongly.
"No!" I was sprayed again. Small bits of flesh began to tear off of me this time and I screamed in pain.
"Your just adding to your punishment, Kazumi," my mother said in an annoyed tone, "You'll lessen it by doing as we ask." My teeth chattered harder and my body shook violently.
"If this is how all marines act. If this is how a marine family is supposed to act," I coughed and looked up since I didn't know where they were, "then I'd rather be a pirate any day!" The room fell silent as I panted raggidly. The red light and the buzzing noise came again and the men sprayed me once more.

Shanks' p.o.v (suprise Mean while!)
Nazami pointed to the direction of Kazumi's location and I knew where they took her.
"Any news, captain," Benn asked me.
"She's in Grandosa, roughly three weeks away from here I believe."
"Then lets get going," Yasopp exclaimed, "we've gotta go get her!"
"I've got a thing or two to say to her in person," Rockstar stated, "she had no right to do what she did!"
"Not to mention we miss her," Lucky Roo stated, eating meat.
It's been three days since Kazumi helped us escape. As angry as I was when I found out what she did I couldn't help but admire her bravery. I wanted her back so badly that I was risking my life to get her. Momonga probably already called Akainu and who knows what he'll do with her.
"We're going to Grandosa. If Nazami takes us then we'll be there in a week and a few days," I said, "now don't get it wrong, getting her back will be rough considering that that town is a secret marine base. I think I know where shes holed up also."
"You know she's gonna punch us for going after her, right?"
"Yeah, I already know that," I said then laughed. The crew laughed with me, remembering the girl that stole our heart, and all of me with her.
"Set course for Grandosa island. We're paying the marines a visit."
Just hang on, Kazumi. We're coming for you whether you like it or not.