Introduction

Hey! Thanks for selecting my story to read out of the countless books out there - you rock!  

When I first developed the idea for Starlight's Heir, I was in the middle of writing my previous novel The Forever Lost. I had an interesting thought about some of the characters, but I decided it wouldn't fit with the storyline I had, so I decided to write it down as an idea for later.

Now, if you know anything about me, you'll know that I'm obsessed with reading and writing fantasy. There are endless possibilities of what you can do with fantasy, so many legends and ancient lore that you can incorporate into your story, and that's what I've done here.

I'm very intrigued by the concept of faeries -- there's so many theories, folklore, legends, and myths about the origin of the fae and what they are. One concept, in particular, I don't think I've ever encountered in a novel before, and it's one I really wanted to explore. The idea that faeries are fallen angels. So, I've incorporated that into the mythology surrounding the faeries in this book.

And now, of course, disclaimers.

First of all, this story does contain some strong language and mature scenes. I haven't marked it as mature for a few reasons: a) there is only a total of four mature scenes and there are only a few instances where the characters use strong language, b) The scenes are not extremely graphic or very long, and c) I will put a quick disclaimer at the start of any chapter that contains any mature scenes and the nature of the scene, along with an asterisk * at the beginning and end of the mature scene, so you can make the decision of whether or not you can handle reading it.

Second, this story is completed at 48 chapters plus extras, however, I've kept them to an average of about 800 words. So a fair number of chapters, but they're nice bite-sized for easy reading.

Lastly, please note that Starlight's Heir is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Copyright © 2017 by Kaelin Janaway (katieishere)

Please note that this story is exclusive to Wattpad.com. If you are reading this on any other platform, you are at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/katieishere. Thank you.

And a huge shoutout to elizablueford for taking the time to edit every single one of the chapters. You're so amazing and I wouldn't have been able to publish so soon without your help -- Thank You! 

That's all - enjoy reading!  ❤

Awards Won: