Ancient Legend

An excerpt from the Faerie Book of Lore

When you hear the word demon, where do your thoughts go? To a hellish creature of darkness and pain? And what of faerie? A mythological creature of light and magic? Two completely different beings, but what if I told you they are in fact just different sides of the same coin?

For the origin of faeries and demons are the same, both once the purest and most beautiful of all creatures: angels. Created to be the guardians of humankind and gifted with extraordinary power, humans lived under their careful watch in a golden age of peace and harmony. But it did not last, for the angels were imperfect. Prideful and vain, some believed to be above the humans and rebelled against their duties and their creator.

A great war began, and the heavens tore into turmoil as the angels fought amongst themselves. In the end, every angel fell from their glorious perch.

Those angels whose hearts had been corrupted by darkness and hate were cast to a realm of eternal darkness where they were cursed to exist for eternity alone. Their purity and light fell away, revealing their darkness, thus demons formed. They sought out to poison the hearts and minds of humans. To destroy the race they had once been tasked to protect.

Yet not all of the angels fell so far, clinging to the light they had been gifted they halted their descent and were not lost to the darkness, but doomed to the in-between. There they remained, no longer angels, but something else entirely: faeries. A single star fell with them that night, a piece of the heavens to remind them of what they had lost, a reminder of their duty to watch over humankind.

For thousands of years, the fae have upheld their post, guarding the human race against evil, but the veils between our realms are failing and the darkness is growing. The power of the faeries is failing.

The time has come for evil to make its final push. Will our world fall? Or will the faeries find the strength to continue the fight?