Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The rain from yesterday ceased, and rays of light streamed through the cracks of the blinds.

Waking up to the chirping of the birds, the eunuch saw a white ceiling before him. Looking up at the ceiling he wondered if he really was dead.

He would have surveyed the room to see where he was but he couldn't move his neck, he could feel something binding it, but he didn't know what it was. There was also something attached to the bottom half of his face covering his whole mouth and nose. He could also feel something heavy wrapped around his right leg and left arm, he would have moved it if his legs and arms weren't in so much pain.

After minutes of just staring up at the ceiling a creak noise could be heard from a side of the room. The nurse and doctor came in to check up on him, Ming Yin who was sleeping on a couch was abruptly also woken up by the sound when they came in.

"Mr.Shan it looks like you're awake, you have been sleeping for some time." The doctor smiled at the young man who was awake.

He walked to the young man and did the usual necessary check up. The doctor was surprised at the condition of the young man in front of him. His condition was quite normal in a sense of criticality yet abnormal where he woke up from the dead.

Yesterday the young man suffered severe injuries, fractured bones, external and internal bleeding, traumatic brain injuries, torn Muscle and Ligaments .

Though his aunt was very much willing to donate her blood it was already too late and the young man died of Hypovolemic shock, though if otherwise his other injuries would contribute to the leading cause of his would be death.

Everyone had thought he was dead until his lifeless body moved, and he woke up from the abyss of darkness. Which made the docter very surprised.

The young man in front of him was coping quite well with his injuries although a little pale the doctor thought inwardly.

The eunuch was confused as the doctor continued to check up on him.Who was the man in front of him? What was he doing to him? Where was he? Whats going on? Who are these people? There was many questions raging in his mind, since he couldn't move he opened his mouth to speak, his throat was painfully dry and could barley form any words. The noises he could even make were wordless grunts that one could not make out.

"Ah, I'm sorry. You don't need the mask anymore I suppose. You're throat must be dry, after all you were in a coma for weeks." Said the doctor as he carefully removed the mask from his face."

Within Cue Ming Yin came to his side with water and a straw.

The eunuch noticed her actions and looked at her and at the cup she was holding.

The eunuch blankly looked at the straw wordlessly, he knew the water in the cup was to probably drink but he didn't know what the long skinny tube was for, maybe he was actually in a cellar and this was a new type of torture device....?

Ming Yin looked at his confused face and thought he might not be able to recognize her, the only time they met face to face was when he was 3 years old at his mothers funeral.

"Shan Xue, although you probably don't remember me but I'm your aunt Ming Yin, from your mother's side."  Ming Yin said gently to Shan Xue.

The eunuch was even more puzzled with the situation, his name was not Shan Xue and he certainly didn't have any aunts or uncles, or at least any that he knew of. The woman in front of him also looks much younger than him, not only that but she was very elegant and beautiful where as his face was not worth to speak of or so he was told.

Since he didn't know what to do he thought it would be better to just stay quiet, go with the flow and study the situation.

"Shan Xue would you like to drink some water?"

Inwardly staring at her suspiciously, he pondered should he or should he not?If the water was poisoned, and he drank it, surely he would die without a doubt. But if he were to refuse her and she was trying to poison him then she'll find other methods to kill him.

He dishearteningly nodded. His throat was dry and thirsty, he didn't really want to die but he had no other choice.

Both choices would lead to his death, and in any case he couldn't move his body much less escape. Though there could also be a chance that she didn't harbour any ill intent...

"Here Shan Xue, drink slowly from the straw."

Straw? He thought, maybe she meant the skinny tube? The tube was connected to the water part, and it was an efficient way to drink if you're bedridden and can't get up. If that was the case then it would be a very good idea the eunuch thought inwardly.

Calmly staring at him she felt an overwhelming grief to her nephew and dead sister.

  Ming Yin was the eldest daughter of a large agency owner, since she didn't have any brothers her father gave the company to her when he died.

After her father died her husband of 3 years brazenly acted as if the company became his and became really overbearing, this caused many fights and arguments.

One and a few more other reasons, caused  Ming Yin to become suspicious of her husband. She hired an investigation into her husband and found out he had been embezzling money from the company, and bribed many of the investors and higher ups in the company so that when the time comes he could take the company from her. Not only that but he had also been keeping many mistresses and also fathered bastards. Using these information she divorced him and got a heavy amount of money from it....

After the messy divorce she buried herself in work fixing all the problems that her ex-husband had caused and pushing aside her feelings. After time passed she barley had any time to meet her sister.

When her sister had died she went to her funeral and saw her nephew for the first time since her sister was still pregnant with him.

She had tried to approach the child but failed, since the child himself ignored her. Though now she had wished she would of tried to get to know him better no matter what back then, whats been done has been done.

In the years since her sister died, she hadn't done anything else then try to help and improve her company.

Sometimes she would see her nephew accompany his father in business parties. Though she is his aunt, in his eyes she is nothing but a stranger or another businesswoman.

No matter what he was still her nephew, she swore that she was going to protect him. even in the shadows, in any ways she can.

_____________________