Chapter 6

Walking around the room Shan Xue slowly tried to accustom himself to the new environment which was called a condo.

It was clean and tidy, everything was of high value in the living room. Shan Xue of course was awed at all the foreign objects.

Some of the objects were familiar to him, since their appearances were the same as the objects from hospital such as the couch, drawers, vase, frame, etc etc...

What puzzled him the most was the T.V. Honestly it freaked him out. He didn't know how it work; in the beginning he thought it was some kind of decoration but the nurses had proven him wrong when they asked him if he wanted to watch something and turned the television on.

When he saw tiny people trapped in the thing called a T.V/television his heart stopped, frozen with fear. It was absolutely horrid when the nurse casually smiled at him and asked him what channel he would like to watch-like there weren't anything wrong with those small people trapped in the box.

But at that time he reminded himself that this was not where he was from, and no matter how barbaric and horrid these people may seem or are, he must accept them or die trying to fit in.

So after the nurse left him to watch the 'romantic comedy' he stayed silent and solemn while feeling bad for the people trapped in the screen, wondering how they could laugh and smile stupidly in their misfortunate situation. He could only harden his heart and look on.

Only a while later he kind of realized people weren't actually trapped in the television and they were actually being 'filmed', but in the end it still kept him wondering how the 'box' worked.

Slumping himself on the couch Shan Xue sighed and buried his hands on to his face. Sure he had already spent a few months in this 'new world' but he honestly didn't have much information about it. The television helped a bit, it showed him a bit on what the outside looked like but when he actually saw the stuff it still left him baffled and confused. Honestly would he really get used to this? He wanted to fit in and live his life normally. Was it so hard to ask? If a heavenly being did decide to give him another chance why not a world similar to his?

Maybe he should find a way back...

No, he didn't want to. Going back and be an eunuch again? To have his manhood cut off and him thrown into a pit filled with Wolves called the ladies of the imperial harem? For the love of mercy, never again. That was not an option he would be willing to take.

As long as he gets himself together and get used to this place he'll be fine. He must learn their technology, custom, culture, tradition, oh and language. Although the language is about the same there are some differences and not only that but he also noticed that most people here were literate unlike him.

Catching all the hint and clues from conversation of people inside the hospital and some of the 'dramas' he watched he learnt that everyone went to school so they could read and write. Which made him feel more depressed, because eunuchs were generally illiterate so he was not taught how to read and write making him more ignorant then a common person.

He needed to learn how to read and write fast, since he also needed to go to school called a 'university'. Since he missed a lot of days he had to repeat a year, but his 'aunt' said it didn't matter and because he was one of the smartest students the university has to offer; she could pull a bit of strings behind the scenes without even really trying and let him continue onto the next year without any problems.

His situation was quite troublesome, why couldn't the original person of his body be dumb or average? It would've made his life so much easier.

This is why that old eunuch once said "the smaller ones success, the greater ones lifespan". Well it could go either way depending on the situation, but right now it was quite true; especially if the original had any enemies wanting to bring him down. Not only that but he was sure the university would be a competitive place with lots of people trying hard to succeed and be noticed by the emperor.

(*A.N he doesn't know there are no emperors in modern China yet)

If he did something wrong or unusual someone would be bound to notice and use it against him.

Shan Xue sighed he was thinking to deeply into this. It was no use thinking about the future since he was to go to school in a week or so; since it is still the summer holidays and the next semester would start in a month or so. At current time he should look for information. Knowledge is important, looking outside it was close to dark, so there was no reason to go outside to find information.

First things first, he needs to practice reading and writing.... But most importantly... How?

He remembered what a nurse said when she did something wrong; a phrase he had never heard before, but had heard people use on T.V when something bad happens to them. Ah, yes it was the phrase.

"Fuck I'm screwed."