f i v e

"Front page is all your pictures. They make you look so small.  How could someone not miss you at all?"

I went to the nearest hospital in Holmes Chapel the very next day I visited Diana.

There I met another fan of us and a friend of Diana. Her name was Sheina. She has thyroid cancer and used to join Diana's meetings every 3pm.

The hospital has a board for all who had died. On the very front was a small picture of Diana.

"I never would mistreat ya. Oh I'm not a criminal. I speak a different language but I still hear your call." 

I wrote the song. Not only for my promise to Diana, but to help. She made the lads and I realize that we have enough budget to help. She inspired me to write a song, some of the lyrics were part of the 2nd letter she gave me. 

"Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes. You've been lonely, you don't even know me but I can feel you crying."

"Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don't think you even realize baby you'd be saving mine."

Diana saved our lives. She kept us grounded with all the fame around us, that people are suffering out there. Why do we have to be a posh, airheaded diva when we can act like a normal human being?

We are still normal people, the only abnormal thing about us is our job.

"It's only been four months but you've fallen down so far. How could someone mislead you at all?"

It's been a year and four months since Diana gave me the 2nd letter. The letter that made my eyes open, just like she how she wrote on the 1st letter.

"I wanna reach out for ya. I wanna break these walls. I speak a different language but I still hear your call."

I want to reach out for her in heaven. I wish I broke those walls in her heart. To uncover that fake smile she gave me in the bakery but she's now in heaven, peaceful and happy.

"Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes. You've been lonely, you don't even know me but I can feel you crying."

"Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life. I don't think you even realize, baby you'd be saving mine."

"We all need something. This can't be over now. If I could hold ya, I swear I'd never put you down."

The song was like my reply to her letters. I will never let her down. With all my heart, I will try my best to help those who suffer.

"Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes. You've been lonely, you don't even know me but I can feel you crying."

"Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life. I don't think you even realize, baby you'd be saving mine."

"Diana"

"Diana, baby you'd be saving mine."

I never really knew Diana. Yes, I know her story, I know her birthday and her favorite flower but I don't know what's her personality, her favorite color, her pet peeves, things she likes, things she dislikes. Things I never knew.

"Diana"

Truth is I never knew her. I never knew.

Here we are in London's O2 arena, starting our 'Where We Are' tour. Singing in front of millions of girls, but only one girl was on my mind as I sing this song and her name was Diana.

My eyes watering and my hands were shaking as I belt out the last line. 

"Diana, baby you'd be saving mine."