Chapter 3

Mikaela

"Mommy, does Wiggles like the oatmeal? " Brie climbed closer to me on the sofa as she looked down at my tummy.

I smiled at her question.

Since we didn't yet know the sex of our soon to be new baby, we asked Brie to give him or her a nickname. She settled on wiggles since she thought that's what he or she was doing when he moved.

"Yes baby, Wiggles loves it. Thanks for helping daddy make it," I said as I ran my hand over her curls.

"We need to get you ready for your play date with Q though!" I said as I placed the now empty bowl down in order to pick up Brie.

It was Saturday and I had a meetup with Alejandro and Lonnie to plan their wedding. Since they were babysitting Q, I decided Brie could spend some time with him while I worked.

"Let's wash this up first though," I said as we headed for the kitchen...

*************
1 hour Lay-terre (I always wanted to do that like the French man's voice in spongebob 💀)

"QQ!" Brie said as she spotted her best friend and ran towards him.

"Hola Brrrie!" He said as she hugged him.

I frowned down at him before turning towards Alejandro, " did Q just roll his R like in Spanish?"

"Yes he shore did! I've been only speaking Spanish around him when I babyseat. That way he will know two languages," Ale beamed down at him, feeling accomplished by his doings.

I looked back at the kids as Q tugged a brick away from Brie, mumbling some inaudible words before ending in "Ay Baramba!!"

"Caramba, Q, no Baramba," Ale corrected his pronunciation of the word.

"Okayyy. Where's Lonnie though?" I said as I took my seat across from Ale.

"Right here Mik," I heard her voice say, as she walked into the living room.

"Great the gang's all here. Let's get-"

"Not all.
Gang Gang Gang!" I heard Dawn's voice say as she appeared from the same door that Lonnie did.

I furrowed my brows at her, " I thought you were working today?"

"I am bitch. I'm placing orders for stock online today," she said as she pulled up a chair.

"From Lonnie's house?" I asked trying to understand Dawn's logic.

"Shit. Jermaine got him and half the neighborhood at our house playing 2k. I was this close to taking a pair a scissors to that damn Xbox cord," she said placing two of her fingers close together to show us.