Chapter 5

Mikaela

"You're gonna have to stay still if you want me to do this," I looked up at August saying.

"Dats just da thing. I ain't want you ta do it," he said as he flinched.

"Well that's too bad cause that zit is not following me to the Doctor's office," I said as I readjusted my hands to his chin.

August sighed softly, defeated by my response.

I positioned my hands to his face again,  deciding on just getting it done quickly.

"Fuck da devil!!" He cried out.

I chuckled as he held his face in pain.

"Aww did I hurt my baby?" I said as I applied some peroxide to a cotton ball and handed it to him.

He stood off in a corner and put on this extra sad face before saying, "a little."

"I'm sorry, " I said as I placed small kisses on his cheek

"I'm sorry, " I said as I placed small kisses on his cheek. As I backed away from him he leaned in swiftly and kissed my lips.

"I knew it. Always faking," I smiled against his lips and said.

"Mommyyy! Aunty Dawn is on your phone," Brie ran into the bathroom saying with my iPhone in hand.

"Tell ha' mommy's busy," Aug said to Brie as he continued kissing on me.

"Boy. Don't teach her to lie," I laughed at him as I got out of his embrace and took the phone from Brie.

"You'on mind Daddy's kisses right Brie Babeh?" He said, picking her up and strolling out of the room as she giggled at his many pecks.

"What's up D?" I placed my phone to my ear and said.

"Y'all meeting with your dad's new lady tonight right?" She lowered her voice and asked.

"Yes Dawn, and no I don't want her social security number to check if she's the con artist," I replied already knowing where this conversation was going.

She kissed her teeth at me, "bitch scratch that. I got a photo-"

"Missing the point here D. We been through this. Miss Heather is 49. Not a hundred years old." I explained what I'd already informed Dawn of.

"Fine. Don't take the photo. I'll just call my cousin Tookie and tell him his Private Investigator work was for nothing." She said with a tone of saltiness.

"How many cousins do you got D? Matter fact, don't answer that. I'll talk to you later okay?" I brushed off the thought and ended our call.