Chapter 10

Mikaela

"She seriously started twerking right in front of you babe??" I asked in disbelief as August retold me his story from the night before as I sat in our bed.

He shook his head, " yeah, Genesis looked like she wanted ta die off second hand embarrassment fa ole girl too

He shook his head, " yeah, Genesis looked like she wanted ta die off second hand embarrassment fa ole girl too."

I lay back and rubbed my tummy, "these girls are getting bolder and thirstier by the day."

"Yeah, but you know ya ain't got shit ta worry bout wit me right ma?" He said as he did up his sneakers, giving me a glance.

"Nahhh. But I need to tell Gen be sure to tell her little friend I don't play that." I said half serious and half in a joking manner.

Aug smirked at me before he stood up to leave out.
"You gon see ha today?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's supposed to stop by in a couple hours. We're gonna have brunch and just hang out by the pool since the weather's been so good." I explained.

"Well you ladies have fun. Imma go check on Brie Babeh befo' I head down ta da studio, aight?"He leaned over and placed a peck on my forehead before walking out of our bedroom.

I decided to finally get out of the bed a few minutes later to do my hygiene and head downstairs.

***********
Later that day.

"Mommy! The doorbell just went off!" Brie came onto the patio announcing to me.

I placed the plate of waffles down on the table before spinning around towards her. "Well then let's go get it."

She took my outstretched hand in hers as I led the way.

"Heyyy, come on in" I greeted Genesis as Brie latched onto her leg, hugging it.

"How've you been sweetie?" She beamed down at Abrianna as I closed the door behind us. Brie went on to showing her the spread of food I'd laid out back for the three of us.

As we settled in with our plates and Brie with her food and iPad, Genesis all of a sudden spoke up.

"Mikaela, I just wanted to let you know about last night. I'm not sure if August mentioned my friend's Jasmine's behavior but I really wanted to apologize and say he didn't entertain her antics for a second..."

I placed down my champagne glass as I swallowed the sip of mimosa I had taken. "It's alright girl. He already did tell me about the whole mess and thank you for apologizing although it was out of your control from what I heard."

She took a visible small sigh of relief at my words and gave me a smile back.

"I just didn't want you to think I would've even went to that club with her if I knew we'd run into August," she added.

"And I appreciate your honesty on everything," I said  back, "now finish up that mimosa so we can get to this pool."

She giggled at my hastiness as I down my alcohol free drinks and stood up to get my feet in the water...