-13-

The next few days were hard for Tom, well since he really found out how Tord felt and how his family situation really is. He felt awful for just leaving.
But that's all he could really do. If he stayed he would probably get hurt and he wouldn't see Tord again.

So he thought.

When Tom arrived at school a week later trying to get his mind right from all the crazy shit that happened that day. He noticed that Tord was no where to be seen. Tom just shook it off like he was still emotionally and physically hurt from the situation and couldn't really blame him for not coming, but just by not seeing him everyday and hearing that beautiful deep light tone of voice everyday made him sad.

Tom continued coming to school everyday only to find out day by day, is that Tord was still no where to be seen. So he decided to text him.

Everyday no answer.

He would always send messages like 'hey are you okay? Where are you?' Or something like 'Tord I'm worried where are you??' But there was still no answer.

Tom grew upset as he sent another message and this time he actually got a reply.
But to his disappoint it wasn't a real text from Tord.

'This number has been blocked from service and will no longer receive messages at this time.' The message read.

Tom's eyes grew side when he read the text as his eyes grew watery.

"Why did he block me... Or is his phone off...? Tord..." He said silently to himself as he then placed the phone back into his pocket.
He had to see Tord one more time. And the only way he could was to go to his house.

And that's what he set out to do.

After school Tom dashed over to Tord's house as fast as he could when he got off the bus. He hopped over fences and bushed that were in his way.
He made his way quickly to his house only to find a sign he wish he hasn't saw.

'FOR RENT' was what Tom saw in front of the house, on the sign which was crooked padded in the ground.
When he looked inside of the window he saw that the whole house was empty. It felt cold and dead just by looking inside of the place.

Tom stepped back as he looked down.

"He left."

Tom fell to his knees and placed his hands on his face.
He started to cry.

Cry and cry.

Until he was all out of sadness and was just full of emptiness.
Tom stood up from his spot and started to walk home.

He walked slow and looked at the ground until he felt something wet hit his forehead. He looked up to see that it was raining.

'Just my luck.' Tom thought as he sighed. But at this point Tom didn't care, he just kept walking silently to himself.

Tom started to think about Tord, and about all the times they shared together.
The new and old memories splashing together in his mind as they still seemed to be fuzzy.
But soon they started to clear up and all the memories started to fill his mind with happiness.

He remembered how him and Tord used to hang out when they were young and how they would just laugh at every little thing that seemed to be funny and Tom enjoyed every bit of it.

But now he knows he will never see him again. And that Tord will probably end up with someone else, but that didn't matter to him. As long as Tord was happy and free from his own personal hell.

Tom was happy.

-

THE END