"Never Again"- Chapter 1

Drowning. That's what it felt like. The pain and depression seemed to wash over him like a tsunami that despite all his powers he couldn't control. What good was he? He might be the most powerful demigod in centuries, but he he felt weak. No he felt weaker than weak. It was like he was in the Styx again. But this time, he didn't have an anchor. He was just washing away, slowly dissolving.
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Of course, the real question is how it happened. There was no monster, jno valiant death. No it was slow and painful and pathetic.
The war with Gaea was finally over. There was no abnormal activity from monsters. The gods were, well they were acting like gods. There was no cantacf, although it wasn't forbidden. The gods were just keeping their distance. The Seven and the other war heroes were never called to Olympus to be rewarded, as they were after the Titan War, but nonetheless were rewarded in a way. Approximately three months after the war ended, Camp Half Blood was transformed. Overnight over 25 new cabins popped up for the minor gods that were never recognized. New tables appeared in the Dining Hall. The most profound change was the massive arch in the middle of the U of cabins. Through it, campers could travel back and forth between the two camps. It became a choice where you stayed. Despite what many might think, the camps stayed relatively even on size. Some preferred the structured cohorts of the roman camp to the relaxed cabins of the Greek camp.
Then there were the war heroes. Each received something they desperately wanted or needed.
Clarisse LaRue was recognized for her aid in the war and was given a newer fancier version of 'lamer'. As one of the demigods to kill the most monsters, she just cemented her role as one of the camps strongest fighters.
Connor and Travis Stoll received a bag. It might sound trivial, but this bag had no limit to what it could hold, and happened to give them a massive prancing advantage. Although they weren't the strongest fighters in the camp, if they hadn't pranked Octavian before the war with Gaea, there may have been more problems. Percy thought that Hermes just wanted and excuse to honor his children for once, especially after what happened with Luke.
Reyna became the official Praetor of Camp Jupiter, and was not only promised an extended life( not partially immortal but if she isn't killed she will live to about 300) as well as having the curse on her love life removed. She still hasn't found the right boy for her yet however.
Nico became his father's right hand man. Although he was already the "Prince" his title was now official and he was blessed with an extended life as well.
The last people were the 7 demigods of the prophecy.
Whereas the other rewards were pretty obvious, the 7's were not. Reyna was public ally announced by Chiron, as was Nico. Clarisse's gift was rather obvious, especially as she insisted on stomping around camp to find any excuse to poke campers with her electric spear. The Stoll's were caught shoving countless bottles of laundry detergent into their bag, far too many to be possible, and had to explain.
The 7 just, knew, what their gifts were. All of them had the same extended lives. A strange bitterness filled most of hem with this "gift" however. All of them, Percy most of all, had the sinking suspicion that the extended lifespan was just so that the could continue to fight the gods battles.
Jason Grace woke up one morning and for the first time in ages didn't have the strange feeling of being watched, or stared at by other campers. He felt like he was at home, a place where he could be comfortable in his own skin, and didn't have to worry about impressing anyone. It might not sound like much, but for Jason it was the difference of a happy or uncomfortable life.
Piper McLean woke up and felt the same as Jason. Her mother had talked to her in her dreams and given her the guarantee of a long happy life with Jason. She had her own family.
Both Frank and Hazel woke up considerably lighter. Their burdens had pressed down on them in unimaginable ways. They didn't notice how bad it was until they were free. Of course, when Frank woke up and saw his stick burst into flames he nearly had a heart attack but that isn't the point.
Leo Valdez had his girl. He woke up in Bunker 9 with Calypso sound asleep next to him and Festus curled outside the door. He no longer had to worry about being the seventh wheel. He had a place to belong to.
Annabeth was smarter. It might sound ridiculous but she woke up and could literally feel her brain expand with small things she hadn't remembered until then. She guessed it was a blessing from her mother and tried to not think about it, and for once just let something be without an explanation.
Percy woke up engaged. Or at least soon to be. An owl had come in during the earliest part of the morning and peaches at his nose until he woke up, which wasn't a very pleasant experience. On the owl, however, was a small box in which two simple rings and a note rested. A women's ring, with a thin silver band a beautiful crystal cut diamond set in a base. "You drool when you sleep" was delicately engraved into the band. The other band, the male version, was thicker by quite a bit and had the same thing written on it. Percy had practically leaped off the bed, throwing the owl form its perching spot on his forehead when he read the first line on the note.
You have my blessing.
Athena gave him her blessing. He could finally ask Annabeth to marry him.
🖤🖤🖤🖤
When the big day of the proposal came around, Percy was a nervous reck. He couldn't stop messing with Riptide and he swore that his bags had nearly tripled in length since he last time he checked. It didn't help that The last few weeks had been chaotic. After the gods had given the 'rewards' a sudden flow of campers began to come in. The war had depleted the numbers of both camps, but suddenly there were many demigods coming into camp that quickly refilled the cabins. Most were minor gods, or younger. Two dozen or so campers came in that seemed irregular. They were barely older than the age that Percy had requested demigods be claimed at, so the demigods just figured that with everything going on, their parents hadn't gotten the chance to actually claim them yet, or just didn't want them to be put into the Mythological world in the middle of the war. Now that things were nearly guaranteed to slow down for quite a while their parents were directing them(indirectly) to camp.
Percy had been put in charge of teaching them the basics of camp. As the unofficial leader, he was to give them the rundown of the two camps and help them decide where they belonged. It was tiring and unfortunately wasn't very rewarding, most of them were rather difficult and annoying. Worst of all, it hadn't given him time with Annabeth.
He had eventually gotten around to it however, and after returning from a three day long trip in Camp Jupiter settling some new campers( why it was necessary for him to stay there overnight Percy didn't know) he was ready. It was a big affair and almost all of his friends were in on it.
As he came through the portal he noticed campers were giving him weird looks. As he walked toward the Athena cabin, one person even went so far as to laugh at him. Percy was irked but tried to ignore it. As he went to the door to surprise Annabeth, and take her down to the beach where he would propose, cliche I know, he heard muffled moans coming from inside.
Percy's eyes got ten times wider as he heard them and he debated waiting until tomorrow, but nonetheless took a deep breath and knocked.
THUMP THUMP THUMP
The door echoed. He heard the moaning stop. Footsteps came to the door and it flew open.
Annabeth gasped as she saw Percy and her eyes filled with tears.
"Percy!"
"Annabeth!"
The two of them stared at each other.
Annabeth finally couldn't hold it anymore and let out the laugh.
"They've been going at it for almost twenty minutes. They have no idea how loud they are."
Percy laughed along with her and pulled her into an embrace.
"I missed you. " he mumbled into her curly hair.
Annabeth just nodded.
The door to the extended back room slammed open. Malcom stuck his head out and glared at the two.
"Could you to go already? You're killing the mood."
Annabeth and Percy laughed again, but nonetheless closed the door and left.
🖤🖤( I almost got you)🖤🖤
Down at the beach demigods huddled behind the tree line. They all were waiting for the big moment. Percy had planned for it just to be a few people. But soon, everyone knew. That's what all the weird looks were for. Everyone knew what was going to happen and could tell what a reck he was. It was almost funny seeing the great Percy Jackson so scared. No, it was funny.
The demigods shushed each other as the couple got closer together. They were close enough now that you could hear the words they were saying.
"Can you believe it's been almost 6 years since we met?" Percy laughed.
Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Not much has changed. You're still the same dork I found passed out."
"Hey!" She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. He got serious all of a sudden. " I have to tell you something."
Annabeth had turned to look at him and the demigods held their breath. "What is it? Is it another quest?"
Percy kept the stony face on. "Kind of."
Annabeth stopped walking and turned to him. "Whatever it is we're going on it together, got it?"
Percy smiled and kissed her. " well it is kind of important that you go on it with me." Annabeth shot him a questioning look. The demigods all let out the deep breath.
"Is prissy ever going to freaking ask her? If he doesn't soon I'm going to stab him with Maimer."
Piper turned toward her. " Clarisse could you shut up? He's building up to it!" Clarisse looked like she was going to make a snappy comeback but Chris elbowed her.
Annabeth had stopped walking again and turned toward where the group was hiding. The demigods quieted again. She shook her head and turned back to Percy.
"How long?"
Percy stopped walking one more time then he leaned down and kissed her deeply. He dropped, somewhat ungracefully to one knee, kicking up sand.
"Forever." Annabeth gasped as Percy opened the box revealing the ring. " I know we're young and you used to say you didn't want to get married until after college but I know that their is no one else I would rather spe-" Annabeth dropped down onto her knees and wrapped her arms around Percy's neck.
"Yes. A million times yes!"
Percy shot a glare at the trees as Frank let out a small whoop. He slid the ring out of the box and put it on her finger. Then he said, "Twist the band." Annabeth did so and suddenly a beautiful celestial bronze dagger was in her hand. She gasped at it's beauty.
" Oh Percy!"
He grinned at her. Twisting the band on his finger a sword appeared. " When you no longer need it press the diamond and it'll go back to normal. He pressed a small mark on his own and Annabeth copied him. The rings appeared back on their fingers.
" That is seriously cool." Leo whispered.
Annabeth suddenly twisted the band. The knife appeared and she threw it into the area where the demigods were hiding. It impaled itself in the sand and inch away from where Leo was standing.
"Guys!" Percy protested. Leo dramatically put his hand over his heart and proceeded to pretend to pass out.
Annabeth gasped again, for the millionth time tonight. " It's back!"
Percy grinned at her again, grabbing her hand. "It'll always return to you, just like I will. If one of us is in the danger, the others band will heat up as well."
Annabeth wrapped her arms around Percy and kissed him again. The surrounding demigods came out of the trees with a collective "Awww."
Annabeth pressed her forehead against Percy's. "I love you."
Percy laughed and kissed her again. "I love you too. And this time, you're never getting away from me ever again. It's time for us to have our forever.
🖤🖤🖤🖤
It was the day. Percy Jackson was getting married. True to his fiancée's wishes, they were getting married on the beach. The reception would be held in the big house. Surprisingly enough, most of the Olympian were there. As a personal apology to Percy, which he practically prayed to her for, Hera herself was residing over the ceremony. The only gods not in attendance were Zeus and Dionysus. Almost every Camper from both camps and every Hunter was there.
Annabeth was a goddess. Percy took one glance at her and knew that she put everyone there to shame, even Aphrodite. Her flowing white dress started right before flowing out at the waist. Her golden curls were done to perfection. She looked like a princess. No. She looked like a queen, his queen.
He stood, at the front next to Hera, in a suit that Jason had finally convinced him to wear. He nervously spun Riptide in his hand. He already ached for the feel of the now-familiar band around his finger. She finally reached the top of the aisle.
Fredrick Chase, dropped her off and took a step to the side. Percy's best man, Grover nodded at him. The other men of his party, Frank, Jason, Tyson, And Nico stood respectively next to their corresponding bridesmaids. Thalia was Annabeths maid of honor, and though she might deny it, Percy could see tears in her eyes. Hazel, Piper, Clarisse and Reyna stood there holding their breaths.
Then the ceremony started. Hera went on a long speech about all these unimportant things. To be honest, Percy zoned out until Annabeth gently hit his arm.
"Uhhh, I do?" Percy said. Annabeth stifled a giggle and the members of the audience laughed.
"It's your turn to talk Percy."
"Oh," he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. " Well I don't know where to start. I love you Annabeth Chase. I think I always have. My first memory of Camp Half- Blood is you nursing me back to health. Gods know that you would be doing a lot of that in the future. Then we went on that first quest together. The next few years, nothing can describe them. When you were taken, I knew then that I loved you and I would do anything for you. I went across the country to find you, and I would do it a million times over. Then we fought, and this last year we went through a lot. There are some things that there is no way to describe how important they are to you. You're one of those things. And I am never losing you. Never again you hear me. I'm ready to start our future."  Percy took the ring off the pillow that held it. He know it wasn't quite time yet but he couldn't resist anymore. Annabeth smiled up at me, her eyes filled with tears.
"Percy, gosh I don't even know where to start. I guess- Look Out!" She cut off suddenly. Glancing down at her finger. The band was glowing a little bit, and Percy could tell that it was hot.
"What?" It was too late.
With ninja like reflexes she shoved him out of the way, shielding his body with her own. The knife sank deep into her heart, right where Percy was standing just seconds before. Things seemed to slow down.
She crumpled to the ground, grabbing her chest. Percy knew knew not to pull out the knife, and as I collapsed next to her I started subconsciously crying.
"ANNABETH" He screamed.
She stared up at him. Her eyes were filled with so much pain. Grey met green.
"What do I do. Annabeth tell me what to do. You always tell me what to do!"  Percy panicked, ignoring the commotion around him as people screamed. Grover and the rest of our friends surrounded the couple and screaming orders at other people. The gods were standing behind them. Percy started hyperventilating.
"Percy. Stop." Annabeth cracked out. The white of her dress was soaked in blood now. Percy tried to put my hand around the dagger and stop the bleeding. Her voice was so beautiful, so strong, despite the blood on her tongue. It wasn't working. If anything the bleeding increased. Percy turned to Apollo.
"Can't you do something?!" He screamed at him desperately. He was already beside Annabeth. He turned to me with sad blue eyes.
"No."
Annabeth cupped her hand around Percy's chin. " It's okay Percy. I saved you. That's what matters. I'll see you in Elysium. I'll wait for you however long it takes. I love you."
Hey grey eyes swirled with so much pain but so much love at the same time. Then the storm clouds started to settle.
"No. No, no , NO!" Percy screamed. "Annabeth. I love you. Don't do this." Percy whirled his head around. " Somebody get ambrosia and nectar or something. Please. SOEMBODY!" His voice cracks with desperation. " I said I wouldn't lose her. We wouldn't be separated. Never again." People around him were sobbing and Percy was aware of his fathers hand on his shoulder. Annabeths hand fell away from his face. Percy stayed there on the ground, with her and her blood covered wedding gown on his lap. He gently leaned forward in an awkward way and pressed a kiss to her forehead. Then he closed her eyes and gently slid the body off his lap.
" Where is he?" Percy asked. Quietly at first. He didn't  see the person, but someone had to have. No one looks at him. Hazel sobs on the ground next to Annabeth, as does Thalia. "WHERE IS HE?" Percy bellows again. Campers glance in a direction. He follows their eyes. Then He sees him. He's a son of Hermes, one of the new campers. Hell, Percy doesn't even know his name. He runs toward the big house.
Percy sprints behind him and catches up easily, despite the son of Hermes being quick footed.
"Why?" Percy spins him forcefully to look at me, clenching his neck. "WHY?" Percy asks again. The boy stares back at him unnerved.
"It was supposed to be you, not her."
He thinks Percy doesn't  know that?
"Who." He doesn't respond. "WHO?" Percy asks again. If he wasn't so angry he would've felt like an owl. He doesn't respond. Percy feels a hand on his shoulder and turns. Piper.
With more charmspeak than I've heard her use before, she asks him.
"Who sent you to kill Percy."
The boy look like he's struggling not to say. Then it slips out

One word.
"Zeus."

Percy collapses to the ground and lets out a massive sob. Rage and pain and hate and sadness threaten to drown him. He's suffocating in this blanket of emotion. He turns his head up to the sky.
"ZEUS. GET DOWN HERE." He screams, his vocal cords crying in protest. No response from the heavens.
"ZEUS. DO IT NOW." Percy yells again. A flash of light appears, seating the eyes of surrounding demigods. Percy stares straight ahead, seemingly unaffected.
" You dare speak to me like that?" Zeus booms. Percy glares at him.
"You. Killed. Her."
Zeus lets out a rough laugh. " I suppose I did. But it wasn't supposed to be my daughters child, it was supposed to be you ocean-spawn."
Percy whispers now. Quietly, dangerously.
"You will pay."
Zeus stares at him in shock.
" Foolish demigod. I am king! I suppose that now that my assassin has failed, it is up to me to carry out his assignment. You will die today Perseus Jackson. You are too powerful, always have been."
Hazel appears next to Piper.
"You can't! You aren't allowed to interfere directly with us unless we do something against the gods!"
Zeus turns to her. "Shush demigod unless you wish to die as well. Perseus has called upon me. It is a direct challenge. I may do what I wish."
Clarisse steps forward.
"Zeus, my lord. He is but a demigod. He has lost his true love, is that not enough punishment?" Zeus growls and ignores her. He aims his bolt at Percy. Percy's eyes flash, tremble, shake. He pulls out Riptide and uncaps it. The sword springs to life.
Then he throws the bolt, straight at Percy, who stumbles to the side as a girl pushes him away.
Thalia Grace. She gets hit by the lighting and shudders before falling to the ground. A gasp goes up in the crowd. Will Solace runs to her side.
"She's still breathing! We need to get her stabilized!" A couple of his cabin mates gather around her and carry her, doing various healing acts on her.
Zeus's eyes widen as he sees Percy's face. His jaw is set in a clenched position, his mouth a line. His eyes have changed. Rather than they're usual sea green, they are darker, almost blue. Black swirls in them, like the ocean in the middle of a terrible storm.
Zeus throws his bolt again. It crashes into Percy.
Piper lets out a sob, as does Calypso. A steaming crater is where the bolt hit this time.
Then Percy Jackson crawls out. His hands hover on the sides of a ball of water, filled with sparkling electricity. He lets the ball drop and it hits the grass at his feet. It sizzles and dies.
Percy growls out one thing.
"This is the last time you hurt me or my friends, Zeus."
The demigods are crying, many shaking.
Then Percy stabs his sword into the ground, and the world explodes.
🖤🖤🖤💔🖤🖤🖤
Pictures for this chapter:
Annabeth's wedding dress:

And their rings:( except for the bands are shinier and the diamond in Annabeths is bigger, as mentioned above they are also engraved)

Hello,
So this is my new Chaos book! I'm going to try really really hard to make it as non-cliche as possible as weird as that seems. I really appreciate criticism! Please be active and give me any recommendations or anything you DONT want to see on this book.
In all that Demiwizardness-
GodNamesFred
Word count: 3841( holy crap this is the longest I've ever written)