"The Torture of Waiting"- Chapter 7

Percy didn't know how much time had passed since he arrived on Arkadia. After the huge news to the entirety of the Revivals, they had jumped straight into training.

Chaos told Percy that he would have to deal with a whole lot of problems requiring his job as Commander as soon as Annabeth was out of Tartarus, and Bianca too, but Percy decided to focus on the now, and saving his training for position as Commander later. It was too much, and he was sure that having Annabeth there would make it much easier on both of them. Not to mention, Annabeth needed to learn that stuff too, so it would be good for both of them to learn it together.

Their training was pretty basic, and Chaos preferred not teaching them things they didn't need. That's what specialists were for, after all. Most of their time was spent mastering their new skills, learning to use the fancy Arkadian technology (which had a bit of magic involved), becoming stronger in every aspect of their physical and mental states, and perfecting their weapons of choice.

Each of the 5 of them chose two weapons. A short distance, and a long distance. It was in Chaos's firm belief that they needed to be balanced as a team, and as people. Thalia had it the easiest out of all of them. She continued to use her bow, and with a few modifications, her mace-spear. Beckendorf made all of them convertible so that they didn't have to cart around obvious weapons so that was no worry. Her bow became a simple hairclip, not that different than the one Percy remembered Bianca finding during their quest.

Percy continued to use his sword, and after discovering he had very little talent with any other weapons, Beckendorf gave him a gun. Surprisingly enough, Percy was an incredible shot with it, unlike throwing knives or a bow. His sword became a pen of course, so Beckendorf thought it was witty if he made the gun into a pencil. The ammo was disguised as a pack of gum, and it was on Percy's rare wishes that the ammo never run out. Chaos made it so.

Silena used a spear as her long distance, one that she could control by singing. Her short distance was a long knife, barely shorter than a sword. They both became bobby-pins.

Luke received a new sword, nearly identical to Backbiter, as well as a set of throwing knives. Both were a combination of different metals. The knives became thick bracelets up and down Luke's arms, which made him look vaguely emo. The sword became a chain loop on his belt, which also didn't help the look.

The last was Beckendorf. He was the only one who didn't train with two weapons. Rather, he trained with one, multi-weapon he made himself. It was pretty much a super-suit. Percy jokingly called him Iron Man, which infuriated Charles. Chaos had called them the defenders of the Multiverse however. The suit shrank down into a ring, and had swords, arrows, and lasers. It was crazy. Oh, and it could fly. See why they called it the Iron Man suit?

However, sadly, other than training with their weapons and powers, they didn't do much. They would occasionally venture out into Arkadia to visit the people there, and they sociazled all the time with the people of Hedra. Although they didn't know it, over 50 Earth Years had passed. Although Percy Jackson wasn't on good terms with Tartarus, Chaos had managed to convince his son to slow time in the pit, thus making Annabeth down there for only 5 years, which is nothing for a monster. Only Chaos knew that Percy and Co. had been training for over 500 years without a single mission. It didn't feel that long, but it was.

Then the day came. The team was practicing with the Misters, on the highest possible level, and defeated them in under 10 minutes, a new record. When Chaos saw this, he told them it was time. He quickly gave them magical items to disguise their facial features and teleported them down to the Earth, just outside of Hollywood.

-----

Okay I know this chapter is short and it sucks but even though I know what I want to happen I can't actually write it so I decided to just publish what I have and finish later.

In all that Demiwizardness-

GodNamedFred

wordcount:735