"The House of Black and Silver"- Chapter 6

Percy paced back and forth in front of the group of four. Thalia was spread over the mats, a wet cloth, made of Percy's ripped t-shirt and pool water, over her forehead. Luke was squatting beside her, occasionally wiping off her sweat covered face. There was nothing any of them could do. Even though Percy had arrived long before the others, he still had absolutely no idea how to navigate Arkadia and he didn't feel like accidentally mating with some creature.

"So, Chaos made us more powerful?" Silena murmured, reading over the note again,

Percy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He itched to twirl riptide or spin his ring, but he didn't have either.Instead he resorted to spinning a knife from the rack. He had no idea how to throw it, but he silently made a pledge to himself to soon learn.

"I think he pretty much advanced our current abilities, somehow. Luke you said you had gotten incredibly fast at running beforehand?"

Luke nodded, staring at Thalia rather than Percy. He hadn't met Percy's eyes once. "I ran every day since I died. I was pretty good. Nothing like this obviously."

Percy glanced at the other members of the room. "Somehow my water powers must've gotten stronger.Same with Thalia's powers. Silena, has your charmspeak felt any different?"

She shook her head. "Not really, but I haven't tried it yet." Percy nodded, thinking hard.

"I don't know about you through, Beckedorf. You didn't have any powers beforehand did you really? You were just a good smith."

Beckendorf didn't answer and instead looked off into nowhere.

"You did? What was it, fire powers like other children of Hephaestus?" Percy was genuinely curious.

Silena rubbed Charlie's arm and whispered something to him.Beckendorf nodded.

"I can make weapons, without fire. If I focus hard enough I can change metal to fit my will. It tires me out ridiculously much. I don't know how he could make me more powerful unless he made it so I get less tired though..."

Percy was reminded of the note on the wall next to the weapons. He trotted over to it and grabbed it off the wall and passed it to Beckendorf. He quickly read through it.

"I'm not quite sure. Right now that isn't our priority, we need to figure out what happened to Thalia. Is there a med kit somewhere in here?"

Percy glanced around, the others doing the same. Finally Luke rushed over to a strange metal door with a small red cross etched into it, the universal symbol it seemed for medical.

Behind the door the demigods were in awe to find a large infirmary, complete with fancy medical tables and drugs and a large screen for projecting something.

"Quickly!" Luke ordered rushing over and picking up Thalia, getting her onto a table in the middle of the room. Percy snorted.

"I'm not sure what you want us to do now. None of us are doctors and we don't even know what's wrong with he-" Suddenly, a long, clear tube with a sharp point at the end whipped into the air, twisting like a live snake. It plunged itself into Thalia's arm. Luke gasped, a rather feminine one as well, but it was not the right time to tease him.

A bag of clear-blue liquid came down from the roof and hung above Thalia's head, quickly emptying itself. On the wall words were projected. Quietly, Silena read them aloud.

"Diagnosis: Difficulty adjusting to new environment, low on fluids. Treatment: 1 bag of RV3C."

More, complicated, words flashed up there, no doubt medical-related terms. Percy was trying to make sense of it when Thalia took a deep intake of breath from behind him.