Chemistry Ignites

"For saving my life," Alec said. "I am very grateful, so thank you."

Magnus stared in wonder at the blue eyed shadowhunter before him. He could feel, and he knew Alec could feel it too, the electricity of their touch. This was chemistry. The kind of chemistry Magnus had not felt for, perhaps, centuries, but that wasn't what had him speechless. Had Alec actually come all the way here just to thank him? Not once in Magnus's whole life had this happened. Nephilim only ever arrived at his door if they wanted something, that was just the way the world worked, the way the world had always worked.

"Thank you," Alec said again with so much sincerity Magnus could do nothing except believe him. Alec's hand was still touching Magnus's arm, but Magnus was in no hurry to remove it. Now, that he let himself notice, Alexander was rather beautiful. Those blue eyes showed the innocence about his soul, while his smile was kind and free of judgement. Magnus found himself quite swept away, against his good sense.

Their gazes locked for a moment then Alec blushed beautifully and turned away, confirming Magnus's suspensions. Throwing caution to the wind, Magnus place his hand gently under Alec's chin. Their eyes met once again and this time Magnus moved closer, slowly, watching for Alec's reaction. When Alexander closed his eyes Magnus moved forward and kissed him. Magnus felt the shiver go down Alec's spine and was surprised by his own extreme reaction; his heart seemed to swell in his chest, all this nerves suddenly alight.

Their arms around each other now, Magnus quickly deduced that Alec had little to no experience in this, but that hardly mattered for what he lacked in experience Alec more than made up for with enthusiasm. Magnus knew his hair was a mess, but he didn't care. He'd never kissed a Nephilim before, and why would he, since most of them hated warlocks on sight, but there had been no hatred or even dislike in Alec's eyes. No, those blue pools contained only wonder and gratitude.

Magnus knew this was a bad idea. He knew getting involved with a Nephilim could end in only one of two ways, neither of which were good. He'd seen one of those ways with Tessa, but there was a worse possible end flashing before his eyes as well.

Alexander, however, was clearly not thinking about any of this as he pulled Magnus in closer. Magnus couldn't fight the pounding of his heart or the soaring feeling in his stomach. It had been so long since he'd felt this alive. Sure, wild parties were entertaining, but they were nothing compared to this.

Surrendering completely to the feeling, Magnus moved his lips down to kiss Alec's jaw line and Alec tilted his head to the side with a soft moan. Then Alec's hands were against the skin of Magnus's chest and Magnus remembered he was only wearing a robe and bottoms. He didn't usually answer the door in such a way, but he'd decided to take the whole day off to recover his magical reserves after healing the stunning Nephilim currently running his hands over Magnus's chest.

"Magnus," Alec whispered as he pulled Magnus's head back up to meet his lips.

Magnus's breath caught in his throat as Alec's hands began to push the robe off his shoulders. The robe fell to the ground and Magnus took a step back, trying to catch his breath while he stood there in nothing but sleeping shorts.

"Alexander," Magnus said. "What are we doing?"

"I have no idea," Alec said, blushing deeply and out of breath. "But I-" He took a step closer, eyes open and honest in what they wanted. "I've never felt like this before."

"Clearly," Magnus replied, trying to keep his expression free of emotions. Alec's face fell and Magnus couldn't help, but admire the way Alec's every emotion was written across his features.

"You started it," Alec mumbled and Magnus couldn't prevent the genuine smile that broke out over his face. Then Magnus was laughing. Laughing like he hadn't laughed in..., well long, enough that he couldn't quite remember at the moment.