1|The Alpha's Daughter

Izzy and Laci both follow behind me as we make our way to the pack house. There is a meeting in exactly ten minutes, we can't afford to be late like last time. If one of us is to become the next Alpha, we must show we are fit for being a leader. At least, that's what our dad tells us. He's so worried about our future, he barely pays attention to what's happening now.

When my sisters and I make it to the big oak building in the middle of the woods, we rush inside and take a seat at the long oak table, surrounded by oak chairs, with oak floors and ceiling, and oak walls. My father believes that decorating makes our pack look weak. My father believes a lot of things.

We sit down right when my father enters in from the back door(also oak), and takes a second to make sure everyone is attending the meeting. Once his eyes settle on me, he proceeds to make his way to the head of the table.

"I know many of you have heard of rogues before, and many of you know what they are capable of. I also know that four of you in particular, know that rogues are becoming s threat to our pack." My father states, eyeing us and his Beta.

"But, there is no need to worry. We have made alliances with the Moonlight Pack to help train warriors in case of an attack. All warriors will be trained by me and their Alpha from 8:00 to 5:00 everyday. We cannot take any chances. Show your respect to them as you would show respect to me. I expect you all to follow. Any questions?"

No one raises their hand. They nod all agreeing with the Alpha's order. No one says a word.

"Then it is settled. You are all dismissed. Izzy, Laci, Shayfer, stay with me. We have important things to discuss." My father allows everyone to leave except for us...again.

My sisters and I get out of our chairs slowly after everyone else is gone. We walk towards our father and lower our heads, ready to listen.

"Remember when I told you about the rogues the other day?" We nod our heads. "I expect one of you to lead into battle. Laci, you being the eldest I expect you to be the one. But, it all depends on what you show me. I will choose in three days, who will become the next Alpha of the RedOak Pack." We nod our heads in submission, understanding that we have to do our best, even if we don't want to. We walk out of the pack house staying shoulder to shoulder with each other u till we break apart by the creek near the pack house.

Izzy is the first to speak. "Guys, I don't want to be Alpha. I have a feeling that none of us do." Me and Laci nod our heads, agreeing to her words.

"I think dad makes such a big deal about the future, that he doesn't realize how much important the present is." Laci says. I don't have anything to say, they've said enough.

"I'm going back to the house to get ready for training tomorrow. I'll see you guys soon okay?" I say. I really need to practice, being the youngest and all, I'm not that good of a fighter. I make my way through the thick woods of the RedOak Pack and finally reach the Alpha's house, a two story oak building with oak furniture, oak floors, oak ceilings, oak walls, and oak stairs. No decorations, only a simple base with a single daisy at the dining table. Only in my sister and I's rooms are there decorations.

I wander through the dark room until I find the light switch by the couch. I wonder if dad will be home late tonight, which he normally is. I continue to head to my room, to put on some athletic clothes. I pick out a blue tank top (which goes with my brown, wavy hair really well, plus my blue eyes), with some loose black shorts. I head down into the basement, where dad keeps the workout stuff. We have a punching bag, treadmill, stationary bike, and weight lifting. My legs are very powerful, I only need to enhance my arm strength, which means straight to the weights I go.

I workout for a total of five hours before I stop. I had to switch to my wolf, whose name is Terri, half way through. Which left me with the treadmill because I can't do anything in my wolf form besides run on the treadmill.

I finally switched to human after I ran to the creek for a drink. It's pitch black out, but the creek comforts me in a special way. I lay down in my human form for an hour or so, until I hear my name being called by my father.

"SHAYFER! SHAYFER!" My father screams my name.

"I'm over here dad!" I yell. I quickly throw on the sun dress I brought with just in case.

"Shayfer! I thought you ran away! I thought you were kidnapped! I thought you were attacked! Don't ever do that again!"

"Dad, I was just enjoying peace. I was just about to come home. I thought you knew I would be here."

"I was worried about you! I order you to stay by me at all times!"

"But dad!"

"No buts! This will last from now until you lead or leave this pack! Is that clear?!"

I lower my head in submission, agreeing to the terms of staying by him from now until I lead or leave.

But little did we know, that it wouldn't last very long.