4|Masks

When I wake up, the moonlight from last night is gone, and so is my mate. I quickly scramble out of bed and into the kitchen, hoping Elliot is there. I find him drinking a can of Root Beer and reading a book called Alabama Moon.

"Hey." I say to him. He turns my way and smiles. He has two dimples, one on each cheek. I can't help but notice that his eyes turn from gray to black. I blush and move to the bar stool beside him.

"Hi." He smiles again and I can't hold back my smile. He is showing affection for me, like a true mate, nothing like the Alpha he should be: protective and bossy. I smirk at my weak joke.

"What's so funny?" He asks with a questionable look on his face. "My weak joke." I smirk and slide off the stool and into our room. I then realize that I'm super dizzy, and my neck aches along with my stomach. I run out of our room and into the bathroom, and Elliot follows when he sees me hunched over the toilet.

"Shayfer, what's wrong?" He asks me, kind and gentle.

"I don't feel good. My neck aches and I feel dizzy." I say weakly.

"Where does you're neck hurt exactly?" He sounds super worried, I have to tell him the truth.

"Where you marked me." I squeaked out.

"Oh no. This is bad. And I mean really really bad." He says, running a hand through his hair.

I hurl into the toilet and look at him, his face full of possibilities. "What?" I ask.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. Get changed as quickly as you can." He orders, and I lower my head showing my understanding. He rushes out of the room and starts his car while I stumble into the room and change into sweatpants and a tank top.

He comes into our room and picks me up bridal style into the car. He floors it and we race off to the pack hospital.

When we get there my vision is almost black, and I'm sweating. He feels my forehead. "Oh goddess." He says under his breath.

When we finally get into the room I faint in Elliot's arms, and just before I completely black out I can't help but notice the shouts coming from his mouth, saying my name.

"Ow..." I mutter under my breath.

"Oh my goddess Shayfer! You're awake!" Elliot shouts.

"Yeah, I am." I mumble, my eyes still closed.

A different voice speaks this time. "You are lucky she is still alive Alpha Elliot. Marking under the age of 18 can be fatal." I'm guessing it's the nurses voice.

"I had no idea at the time..." Elliot feels bad, he feels that he hurt me very much.

I'm able to move my arm, and the first place it goes is to my mark, which is way bigger than its supposed to be. I gasp.

"Shayfer it's all right. This should all stop when you turn 18. Which is when exactly...?" Elliot asks.

Today is the 26th, so... "Tomorrow." I mumble.

"After tomorrow this should all be over, I promise." Elliot leans down so his forehead is touching mine, and he stays there for a minute or two. I drift off to sleep again from his warm touch, and before I know it I'm back at Elliot's house the next morning.

"I never want to see you like that again." Elliot says, leaning over me.

I nod my head, hoping I'm never like that again. I lift my head up, only to have it flop back down again from aching.

"You need to rest. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have forced you to let me mark you, I was so ignorant I just...wanted you. Goddess Shayfer, I wanted you very badly." Elliot says, his words showing passion for me. I can't help but smile at his kind words, before following his orders and going back to sleep again.

I awake that afternoon, only to find Elliot sitting across from me, reading the same book as the other day.

"Why do you like that book so much?" I ask curiously.

"Uh, my father used to read it to me every week. He would read it to me every night and every morning. It's all I have left of him after he passed away." He says solemnly.

"I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's okay. There is nothing to be sorry about."

"Why?"

"You're the reason why I'm reading it."

"What?"

"When my father died, and I became Alpha, I was cruel. I took out my anger on the pack, almost became a rouge actually. When I was meeting with you're dad, I was doing it for the money. But as soon as I saw you, I realized there was nothing better than you, not even money. I quickly gave your father a new trade, one for you. You reminded me so much of my father, kind, brave, and he never gave up. I had to get this book out, which has been in storage for over five years. So thank you, very much."

"Wow. There really is no need to thank me, you're the one that laid eyes on me."

"You're right, it's both of our faults that I'm not a vicious and cruel Alpha."

I giggle at the thought of Elliot being cruel enough to become a rouge. He playfully smiles back at me.

He masked his true side when his father had died many years ago.

Now I have uncovered him.