3|Moonlight

Immediately after I am marked, I black out. By the time I wake up, the sky is dark and the moonlight casts a shadow across the forest. I groan from the aching pain in my neck, and look at Elliot. His eyes are focused on the road, but I can tell immediately he desperately wants to look at me.

I sit up from my slouch against the passengers seat and rub my eyes. How long have I been out for? Where is my mate taking me?

"You've been out for four hours." Elliot says. For hours? He doesn't look at me still, and it irritates me that he won't make eye contact.

"For that long?" I ask, in disbelief. My vision is blurry and my head aches. "Yeah, you don't look so good. I've never seen anyone act so poorly to being marketed." Elliot doesn't even sound worried. Great.

I stare out the window, wondering what I got myself into. Then a familiar word pops into my head.

"Why were you and my father talking about valuables?" I ask, wanting to know desperately.

"That is not you're concern." He snarls, and I go back to staring out the window. I suddenly feel a pain I barely feel, and get so dizzy my head bangs against the window multiple times.

"Will you stop that-" Elliot starts, but I don't let him finish.

"Pull over." I choke out.

"But w-"

"Pull over."

Elliot reluctantly parks the car on the side of the nearest curb, and I jump out before the car even stops.

"Shayfer what's-" Elliot starts, but I don't let him finish...again.

I let loose yesterday's breakfast: deer. It splatters all over the curb but I can't help myself. The deer continues to escape out of my mouth, and onto the once white curb. I hunch over like a black cat, covering my mouth. I groan a long, loud groan, before throwing up once more. This is so embarrassing....

"Shayfer what the heck is going on?" Elliot shouts, clearly dumbfounded by the situation. All I can do is shake my head, I have no idea what just happened either. Elliot remains in his car, staring at me through an open window. All I can do is keep one hand on my stomach and one on my mouth as I stumble into the car.

Elliot just stares at me and starts the car without looking at the keys.

I squirm in my seat, uncomfortable about the situation that had just occurred moments ago. The whole way to my new pack, our car ride is silent.

When we make it to the Moonlight Pack territory, we are met by two guards standing at a large, bronze gate. They nod at Elliot and open the gates immediately after we are in view, and we roll into the woods.

We arrive at the Alpha's house about five minutes later, and Elliot instantly gets out of the car once we park, and carries me inside like a baby. I have no choice but to accept his warmth, my body is too weak to do anything at the moment.

He lays me gently down on a bed, I'm guessing his that we will now share, and whispers in my ear.

"Sleep Shayfer."

He leaves the room and turns off the light, before leaving to finish his Alpha duties for the night.

I roll and kick all night. It is impossible to go to sleep. I kick off my covers, I'm too hot to have them on. Luckily, Elliot isn't here, he would probably get mad and yell at me. I decide that I should cool off with a shower, so I grab a large t-shirt and a new pair of underwear before I wander my way to his enormous bathroom.

I turn on the shower to as cold as possible, and strip down to nothing. It feels good to be out in the open, the cool air helps me cool down. I jump in the shower once the temperature of the water as at my liking, and have a nice cold shower for at least half an hour. I turn off the shower just when the front door opens and closes shut.

I quickly throw on a towel and grab my clean clothes to head back to the room instead of changing in the bathroom. Elliot doesn't see me, it's too dark in the living room, so I am easily able to dress quickly and hop into bed before he notices me. I look at the clock on my bedside table: 10:26 pm.

I quickly shut my eyes as Elliot walks into the room and stands at the foot of the bed, staring at me. This should have made me uncomfortable, but I liked the way his eyes fell on me from head to toe, taking in everything as if I was a precious jewel.

He slowly walked to he opposite side of the bed, and pulled on the covers that I had once kicked off. He slowly scooched towards me, until I could feel is light breathes on the back of my neck, making my hair stand straight up.

He wrapped one arm around me protectively, and the other arm at my waist. My mate had only just met me, but he showed affection for me and thought protectively of me.

Most she-wolves hate it when their mate is protective. But mine is protective over me because he cares for me, not because he doesn't trust me around other people.

And we have only just met.