Chapter 1

You woke up that morning to a ton of commotion sounding from around the kitchen area, you guessed it was the kitchen at least. You groaned and nearly fell out of bed, dragging your feet to the door. Your mother, father, and your older sister, Jackie, were talking in rushed slightly frantic sentences.

"What do you mean that they're real? I don't believe it!" Your father, Mike, said turning his back to them with arms crossed disbelievingly.

 "I'm telling you Mike it's true! They're already in the city!" Your mother, Stephanie argued.

"The world is being invaded! Pack up fam! We must move to the moon!" Jackie cried, being kinda rude and very sarcastic. You were confused.

"What the hey is going on? I want sleep and this isn't helping any." You grumbled. Jackie ran over to you.

"(Y/N)! Monsters are real! They are flooding into the city from the top of Mt.Ebott!" She said. You rolled your eyes.

"Really? Did Jackie tell you guys to help her prank me or something?" You asked, unconvinced. Your sister had always been a trickster. No matter how rude, or how embarrassing, or how hard it made life for you, she would find ways to trick you into doing or believing stupid things. Your mother shook her head.

"No we aren't joking (Y/N). It's all over the news." She said, leading you over to the living room with the 36inch tv and the reclinable couch. The news was on and you listened rubbing your eyes tiredly. 

"And now, the latest update from Mt.Ebott City! We return to you Claire with the live reports!" The news man said as the screen switched to a woman with long brown hair holding a news reporter mic.

"Thank you Harold! We are here with a young human child and their goat monster friends! What is your name young lady?" She asked. The girl had a blue and pink striped sweater on and short brown hair. She wore a pair of jeans and little dark brown shoes. She didn't speak, but instead did sign language. The reporter called Claire nodded.

"For those of you who can't read sign language she said, 'My name is Frisk and these are my parents Toriel, and Asgore.'" She explained. You listened, interested now. 

"Howdy, I'm Asgore Dreemurr." The tall goat man said.

"And I'm Toriel." The shorter goat lady greeted. Claire nodded.

"Well then, may I ask just how this happened young Frisk? And how they are your parents?" She asked. Frisk signed something again and Claire interpreted as she went. "'I had fallen into the Underground about three days ago. I met Toriel and she took care of me in her home. I decided to leave and make my way to the barrier. I made a lot of friends and together we broke the barrier freeing the monsters from the Underground!'" She said.

"Yes if it wasn't for Frisk we'd all still be trapped there." Asgore said. Claire nodded.

"There you have it! Stay tuned for more of the story coming up!" She said and it went into a commercial. You couldn't believe your eyes or ears.

"I'm dreaming." You said out loud, completely baffled.

"No you aren't sis! This is real!" Jackie said, bringing you out of your temporary trance. With a few shaky steps you followed them back to the kitchen and sat down on the chair next to Jackie that were pushed toward the island you had in there. It worked as extra eating space when relatives came over and as part of the counter it was attached to when you needed to do things like poor milk or stuff like that. Your dad still huffed.

"While I think weird things are cool in a way, this isn't a possible reality." He said. You tuned them out as they started talking again and thought about this. How was this possible? What was going to happen now? Would there be a type of 'War' between humans and the monsters? If so, it'd be the first and only war you'd probably ever live through, that is, if you lived through it and if there was going to be one.