Chapter 4

You had no idea what to do over the holidays. Since you were off work and with your family still gone the only thing you could think of was sit on the couch and do nothing. Christmas was coming around the corner. Your parents had left you gifts and they'd taken the ones you gave them with you. Your sister had done the same. You sighed looking at the 3 foot tall tree and the three presents under it. It was a cute little sight. The cats knew not to play with it. You had gotten them a remote control mouse just for the heck of it this year. You watched (fav tv show) for about an hour. Then your phone rang. It was a number you didn't recognize. You answered it.

"Hello?" 

"heya, (Y/N)." You brightened up.

"Sans! Hi!" You said. You heard him laugh from the other end. "What's up?" You asked.

"well, Papyrus wanted to ask if you-"

"BROTHER, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? *GASP* IS IT (Y/N)?" You heard Papyrus yell.

"yeah, bro I was just about t ask her if-" Suddenly, you heard something move around. It sounded like the phone had been snatched away. "Papyrus!" Sans said annoyed.

"HELLO, (Y/N)! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WANTED TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AT OUR HOUSE WITH US!" He yelled into the phone. You grinned. You had a better idea.

"That's a good idea, but do you mind if I ask you something?" You said.

"WHAT IS IT?" He asked.

"Pap! give that back!" Sans yelled. 

"HOLD ON SANS! SHE'S ASKING ME SOMETHING!" He replied. "SORRY, YOU WERE SAYING?" Papyrus said. You giggled.

"Well, my place is actually the perfect place for a Christmas eve party! I was thinking you guys could all come over on Christmas eve, spend the night, and we could do presents and such at my place in the morning. What do ya say about that?" You asked. He gasped and then squealed excitedly.

"WONDERFUL IDEA! IT'S PERFECT! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE KNOWS AND IS READY! *GASP* THAT'S RIGHT! I MUST GET YOU A PRESENT! TIME TO GO SHOPPING! NYHEHEHE!" He said. It sounded like he had dropped the phone and ran off.

"Hello?" You asked.

"i'm back. Pap just ran out to go shopping. what did you ask him?" Sans said.

"I asked if you all wanted to have a party at my place. I wasn't doing anything special so I thought why not over here? If everyone went to your house it might get a tad crowded. My place is big enough for everyone!" You said.

"heh, clever sugar. alright, i'll tell everybody and make sure it's cool. what time do you want us to come?" He asked.

"On Christmas eve at 7:00 p.m. would work. I'll have everything ready by then." You replied. 

"sounds good. i'll make sure everyone's present for the occasion." He replied. You giggled.

"See you then!" You said.

"welp, i'll talk to you later since everything's all wrapped up. bye." He said and hung up. You hung up too.

You took down the little tree and carried it downstairs. You'd get the tree up today, the shopping tomorrow, and the rest on the day of the party. Your basement was rather nice. It had tan carpet instead of cement, a nice light gray couch. It had a dark brown pull out couch in the corner under a window, two spare bedrooms with queen beds in each, a tv with a Wii system hooked up to it, and a DVD player too. The gray couch also had a footrest that could fold down. It was separated into four different sections. One had a long footrest that was fixed into position, another had a footrest and acted like a chair. There was a middle section that had a big footrest and then the corners shaping it in the form a a big U. You put the little tree in the closet and dragged out the huge tree. It was about 7, 1/2 feet tall. You pushed it up the stairs, using most of your energy. You put it in the entry room by the giant window. It'd be on display there for when your friends came. You set it up, and went down stairs to get the decorations and ornaments. You decorated the tree and put the presents you had underneath it. The angel on the tree was brushing the roof. It always came close, but it was fine. The tree had lights built into it and the were multi-colored. The cats seemed to understand you were getting things ready for something so they stayed out of the way. Once finished with that, you put the spare things back downstairs and in the closet. You took out all of the other decorations and put them up.