Chapter 1: The KID

Chapter 1: The KID

     The lights flash around me. Fireworks shoot into the sky, and ooh's and ah's fill the air, along with an occassional scream. My girlfriend, Kay, wraps her arms around my waist and kisses me, the taste of cherry lip balm lingering on my lips.

     "I love you, babe," she whispers into my ear.

     "Same here," I flash my winning smile at her, showing off my white teeth.

     "Oh my gosh, is that a petting zoo? Look at that sheep! He's so cute!"

     "Hey look, I'm gonna go get a snow cone for us, ok? You go on to the petting zoo." I hand her two tickets. She tells me thanks and kisses me on the cheek, then runs off in the direction of the zoo.

      I head over to the snow cone area and give the guy three bucks for two, and order her favorite flavor. The guy makes a show for the onlooking kids by tossing the flavor bottles in the air and catching them behind his back, while dousing the ice at the same time. I'm geniunely impressed and clap. He takes an exaggerated bow and does a thing with his hands.

     I start to walk back to the zoo and see one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen. No, that's not cool, Reggie, you told yourself you wouldn't play with Kay like the other girls. She was different. I look over at the petting zoo and see Kay with her cute smile, laughing while a baby horse trots around, chasing her.

     The other girl seems to have noticed me. I choose to just talk to this one girl, because Kay isn't going to be out of the zoo for awhile.

     "Hey," I say. "I got this for you."

     She grins mischieviously and raises an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

     "The man of the night." I play. She grabs me by the hand and leads me over to the bathrooms. She throws the ice in the trash. We go around back and she kisses me, both hands grabbing my face. A pang of guilt hits me hard in the stomach and I shove her back. "I can't do this." I run back to the petting zoo and Kay waves to me.

     "Do you have the camera? Take a picture of me with Choco here."

     I laugh. "So now you've got names for the animals?" I pull out the camera from my back pocket and snap pictures of her. I feel guilty, and I hop over the fence and hug Kay.

     "Mister, you're supposed to pay a ticket to get in here," she giggles and bites me in the chest. "Where is the other cone?"

     "I decided to share one with you," I smile, but feel bad for telling her the lie.

     "Thanks, silly." She blows the blond hair out of my face, my blue eyes showing through.

     "I love you."

     "I love you too."

     I pick her up and we head back to the rental pick up truck. "My parents will be getting worried, it's eleven now."

     "Sorry to ask, babe, but why are you so damn tall?"

     She's right. I'm 6'5 and she's only 5'7, but everyone says we're perfect for each other. I use my height to the fullest extent in basketball. I'm Red Hill High's star center, and already have college scouts coming to watch me play, even though I'm only a sophomore. My team calls me Reggie, which isn't my real name, but it caught on quick and now almost everyone calls me that except for my parents.

     My real name's Howard, and I got poked at a lot during junior high.

     I put Kay in the truck and hop in the driver's side. We pull out of the lot, and watch as the last fireworks shoot into the sky and explode into a trillion different colors, then fall back toward the ocean.

     We arrive at the resort at 11:15. Its like sixty stories tall and has this really cool light rig running up the sides. We run into the lobby and across the tile to the elevator. I punch in Floor 45, and we start the ascent. Kay hops onto my hips and kisses me. "Carry me to the room." She asks, and I nibble her nose.

     Our parents both vacationed with us and rented three rooms in total. One for my parents, one for Kay's parents, and one for us. Kay and I have been dating for a year and a half, and our parents know each other well.

     The elevator dings, and we run to the room. I lay her on the bed and run over to my parents room to tell them that I was back and was going to bed. They say ok and tell me about the events we will be participating in the next day. I nod and tell them good night, then rush back to the room.

     Kay is laying on the bed in her underwear and a bra. I lock the door and pull off my shirt and pants and jump onto the bed. We embrace, and kiss passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! This chapter was cool I guess? IDK but please like, comment, vote and post this everywhere you can.

Thanks!