4.

"Tyler." Blurry called.

   Tyler rubbed his sleepy brown eyes with a yawn as Blurry twirled a strand of Ty's hair between his jet black fingers.

   "Will you cut it?" Blurry asked curiously.

   "I- I don't really want to." Sleepy Tyler admitted, looking around his dark bedroom. His clock read that it was only 3 in the morning.

   "You have to." Blurry chuckled darkly. "You have to be a man. Remember what happened the last time you didn't want to cut your hair?"

   The petite teen squeezed his eyes shut hoping, praying, that this was just a dream.

   "It's not a dream." Blurry answered Tyler's silent thought. "Let's go now." He pulled on Tyler's hand, sitting him up.

_________

   Tyler found himself in front of the bathroom mirror with a razor in his hands and the dark, shadowy figure looking over his shoulder. He felt himself start to tear up, as he usually did before shaving his head.

   "Shhhh," Blurry cooed. "You'll be okay."

   "I d-don't wan-nt to do this." Tyler pleaded.

    "But if you didn't, what would they think? Your father wants a son, not a daughter. Jenna wants a boyfriend, not a girlfriend."

   "But Josh said-"

   The sound of the razor buzzing cut him off.

   Through water-rimmed eyes, Tyler's shaking hands began to shave the entirety of his hair. He sniffled as he watched strand after strand fall from his head onto the floor and into the sink. Blurry watched contently, a small smirk plastered on his face.

   Tyler wiped at his nose once he was finished.

   Without looking back into the mirror, he quietly swept the floor, then rinsed out the sink, disposing of any trace of his brunet hair from the bathroom.

   The boy crawled back into his bed, pulled the covers over his freshly shaven head, and hugged a pillow tightly to his chest.

   "Sweet dreams, Tyler." Blurry softly echoed through the room