Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 3

Getting my own personal bloodhound settled my ever-growing nerves a little

Getting my own personal bloodhound settled my ever-growing nerves a little. Since Seth would be in class for the most of the day, I decided to check out the town. Which was done in less than two hours. There was one main street with cafés, shops, and bars. Then there was one street with all the sorority and fraternity houses. Several smaller streets with non-college related houses. And that was it.

It felt like this entire town was a remake of every college movie ever made. They even had cheerleading. Bring it on all the way, but this was ridiculous. How could anyone live like this? It was so small if you farted, the entire town would know in seconds.

I settled down at a cute café with outdoor serving. Coffee made my insides happy. Much like booze.

"What can I get ya?" the waitress asked very happily.

Poor girl. She probably wanted to stab my eyes out rather than act all happy and shit.
"Just a coffee. Black," I replied and smiled back at her.

She gave me a short nod and away she bounced.

I sighed. This town was kind of charming in its own 'yeehaw and moonshine' way. All American. Maybe the reason why I liked America so much, was because it was so new. Young and reckless. Kind of like me, except for the fact that I was literally over a thousand years old.

"Here ya go! Just call me if you need anything else," the overly happy waitress chirped as she returned with my coffee.

I just nodded and smiled again. I looked around the café and couldn't help but notice how people were interacting with each other. Back before technology did a Terminator on the world, people would sit and chat. Make an effort. Now?

Two girls were sitting across from each other, both completely submerged in their phones. Another girl was with them, and it looked like she at least tried to have a conversation, but her friends were just not giving her the time of the day. I felt bad for the girl.

I shed the skin of the lovely dark-skinned girl I had stolen and chose a tall dark haired, pale guy. The mortals around me would have noticed if I wasn't so damn good at hiding my powers. They never knew what to look for. Their eyes were always glued to those damn phones nowadays.

I smirked with my new lips and buried my hands in my pockets of the faded jeans, I knew guys like this would wear. I was the kind of guy, who would just give you one look, and you'd swoon. The kind who really didn't care about his look, but always looked damn good anyways. And abs. Loads of abs. And huge biceps. Yeah, I would find a cute blonde in no time.

I stopped at the table with the three girls and smiled at the one not glued to her phone.

"Enjoying the view?" I asked. She and her friends looked wide-eyed up at me their mouths dropping. "I know I have." I winked at the girl and decided to go hunting for sorority girls now.