Awkward Moves

Alicia's POV

"So what you're saying is that this Xiao Ming can lead to the one who killed the Millers..." Chin trails off.

"Exactly. I checked everything he's been to and with. It makes sense." I state.

I frown as no one speaks up. They all gave me looks of doubt, except Steve.

"What's Alicia's been saying is that he could be on a killing spree. Look," Steve swipes the screen. "He's been in North Korea, China and Japan. His current stop is Oahu. Plus all the people he's been with. These people are from well-known gangs."

"Makes sense," Jerry shrugs.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out to see the notification from an unknown number I recognized as Smith. I shake my head a bit as I put it back in my pocket.

Not anymore, Smith... I told you to leave my family alone.

"So how do we trap this guy?" Lou asks.

"I dunno, maybe he'll fall for a girl." Danny says and everyone looks at me and Kono.

"Seriously," Both of us sigh in unison.

"From the two of them, who can pull it off?" Chin asks.

"But needs to be ready if she gets cornered..." Lou adds.

"Tough decision, here..." Jerry comments as a minute pasts.

I look at Kono, and she gives me a look saying me or you? I don't want Kono taking a big risk at this.

"Fine, I'll do it." I give in, making the guys sigh in relief.

"So, you have a dress or something? Maybe some heels too?" Danny asks.

We all turn to him. "What? I live with a teenage daughter! Not like you two didn't experience shopping with your girls all the time!" He outbursts as he points at me and Lou.

"She isn't girly... she wears those occasionally." I shrug.

Lou looks surprised by Danny's outburst. "I don't shop with her."

"Danny's right, though. Gotta make him fall for you." Chin says.

I remember about the heels that Alice gave me that came with a note, I smirk. "You know... I've got a back up plan."

"Then, what?" Steve asks as everyone else gives me weird looks.

"You'll see..."

****

"Wow..." Steve comments as I walk inside.

I cross my arms. "Don't be so - "

He cuts me off. " - No, not the dress," His face heats up as he glances at it, "it's just you."

I look down as my cheeks began to get hot. "Just me, not the dress?"

"Just you." He repeats.

We stayed quiet after that, not knowing what else to say. Danny walks in and when his eyes rest on me, his face turns a bright red.

"Erm... Alicia, you've got to go now..." He trails off, looking away.

"Thanks."

****

Steve's POV

I watch as Alicia talks to Ming.

"There's sand in your hair," Ming says as he examines her hair.

"My house overlooks the beach," She lies easily.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes."

"From what I've seen from here you own an apartment. Guards, kill her."

Alicia suddenly spins around and blades pop out of her heels. She easily ducks their bullets and she kicks both of them down, managing to stay on her feet as the blades suck into the guys' skins.

"Guys, we better get down there!" Danno yells, loading his gun.

We all load our guns and we get inside the room. We see Alicia standing atop of Ming, her blades near his face.

"Took you long enough," she pants.

****

"I won't give you answers."

Alicia's nostrils flare. "I won't take a shitty no as an answer," she growls, "give me a damn answer."

"What will you do if I don't give in?"

Alicia grips him by the collar and drags him to her car. My eyes widen.

"Alicia, you know what you're about to do, right?" I ask.

"You know what I'm thinking McGarrett. I wore this stupid dress and I want something in return: answers."

She ties him to her trunk, her knuckles all white. She gets inside her car and starts the engine. She drifts across the parking lot, spinning around and around. Ming screams an apology, but Alicia doesn't take it. Smoke surrounds her car when she stops.

"Hey, guys," Danno starts. "Which tactic of interrogating you think is worse, Steve's hanging off the roof or Alicia's tied to the car trunk and drifting?"

Lou points at me as Kono and Chin both point at Alicia, who seemed to lose a tiny bit of her anger.

"Fine, I'll talk..." Ming gives in, panting. "Just don't let her get close to me." He points at Alicia, who was taking off her heels.

"Ming, do even you think I want to get close to you?"

"I know who killed the Millers and the Thornes - "

"What?!" Alicia screams, turning to look at him. "The ones who killed the Thornes, you know them?!"

" - Y-yes... his name is..." He trails off, his neck dropping.

I check his face to see that he's foaming at the mouth.

"What the fuck happened to him?" Danno asks.

"He's dead." I say, removing my hand from his neck.

Alicia's eyes filled with tears. I can sense that she thinks it was her fault. She walks away, her arms around her. I follow her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She digs her head into my neck, her tears trailing down my skin.

"Steve, it's all my fault."

"It isn't, Alicia."

"We were so close to finding out who killed them... so close..."

"Need me to ride you home?"

She nods her head into my shirt.