Chapter 8 - Memories of him

Zelda was sitting alone at a table writing notes. She had found a stable near the Lanayru wetlands. It felt nice to be among people - even if there wasn't many, once again after traveling alone for a week.

"Young lady! Yeah, you with brown hair writing notes!" She suddenly heard a male voice shout. She raised her head and seeked to the direction of the voice. "You seem tired, would you like a bed?" It was the owner of the stable.

"No thank you, I am fine." Zelda smiled back at him and then continued writing her journal.

"You sure?"

"Quite. I'll be going again the second the morning sun reveals itself."

"If I may be so bold, where are you headed?" He kept asking.

Zelda was quiet for a moment. Then she sighed. "I am in search of someone and then heading to Faron mountain."

"Faron mountain? Young lady, you have quite the journey ahead! And you're traveling all by yourself too? My goodness!" He panicked.

"It's fine." Zelda looked him into his eyes. "Trust me."

~

As the sun rose and a new day was born, Zelda got her horse and slowly walked alongside him as the two made their way towards the entry to the Farosh province. She could already see the entry to the bridge of Hylia. The landmark where the Farosh province starts. It was the biggest, most dangerous, as well as the most beautiful area of Hyrule. Or so Zelda had been told. She was a bit concerned about the dangerousness of this province, since she didn't have any kind of weapons with her. But if she made her way through fast enough, she'd surely be fine.

As she entered the bridge, she hopped to the back of her horse and started a gallop. The weather was nice today. Not too cold, but not too hot either, which was the perfect time to wear the traveler's outfit. She liked it alot.
She looked around her every second admiring the truly beautiful nature in the province. And it was just in there that she remembered a event that happened long ago, between her and a certain someone.

"You're really going to get hurt the next time you attempt to do something as stupid as that!" She scolded him as she checked the wounds he had in his knees and left arm. Then gazing at the ledge he had jumped down trying to scare Lizalfos away from her. "You know there's a fine line between courage and recklessness!"

He sighed. "I was just... Trying to do the right thing."

She smiled gently. "I know that." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Thank you."

He rolled his eyes. "My pleasure." Then he stood up. "Let's be off. We still have quite the way to go."

She nodded in response. The two were making their way to a rather special spring. The spring of the hero. Zelda thought he was capable of gathering up some more courage if they were to visit this spring. She wished the best for him of course. Not mention he was pretty darn cute too.

                                                                                               ~

As the two made their way to the ruined grounds of the sacred spring, they were impressed by the beauty of the place. It was just like in the legends of old. Almost like it was in a fairy tale. Zelda stepped forward to the small body of water that surrounded the old, mossy statue of a clad in green who wielded a sword raising it skyward.

"Amazing." She exhaled admiring the nature around her. Her hand lovingly traveled around the curves of the cold stone statue. "Father has told me about this.. Particular man this statue represents. A hero from the era of the ages of destrction. Where evil ruled the land for seven long years. The story of this hero is held dearly by the royal family." She explained fondly. "Oh! But I must apologize, I'm getting off track again. Let's get started. Shall we?" She turned around to look at him who was standing behind her sitting on the edge that sepreated the water and solid ground.

He nodded and stepped to the water as well. He walked over to her and knelt down. He shouldn't get too wet since the pond wasn't that deep. Only to their ankles or even lower. He offered his hand to Zelda who took it and smiled.

She cleared her throat closed her eyes. "Oh, one of youth, goddess guide you. Ground lead you, bring the light to land. When darkness falls, courage guide you, light meets you.. Hold your sword skyward!" She sung with her ever so pleasant voice that could melt even the coldest hearts. "Know what is true, believe in your strenght." She then finished the song off with these words.

The boy did as she told, he got his little sword, called the goddess sword, and raised it skyward. Zelda then raised her hand towards the sword as a piercing light surrounded this sword and as she lowered her hand, the sword had got a new color and look. It became taller, with the Triforce glowing on the sharp edge of it, blue handle and a gorgeous silver color, it now truly looked like something a true hero would wield.

"Remember that, a sword wields no strenght unless the hand that holds it has courage." She then added.

The boy nodded and slowly stood up. He then bowed and put the sword back to its case behind his back.

Zelda grabbed his hand and walked out from the spring. "Legend says that an ancient voice resonates inside it. Can you hear it yet, hero?"

~
Ohho, it's been a while. I wanted to post this chapter last friday but I couldn't finish it by that. Sorry bout that, I've been writing this chapter along the week but I had so much trouble coming up with Zelda's memory since I didn't want to refer her as a Princess just yet nor did I want to mention Link's name. :v Have a great week!
(Try singing the words Zelda sung in the melody of ballad of the goddess ;) )