XXV. God's Will

A/N- So, this story will be coming to an end pretty soon. I'm not sure of the exact number of chapters left, but we are pretty close. But don't worry! Because I'm pretty sure I will continue it with a sequel:) let me know if you would like a sequel!

The Royal Court of France

My eyes flutter open, to the bright light streaming in through the windows

My eyes flutter open, to the bright light streaming in through the windows. I feel a finger tracing the bare skin of my shoulder causing a small smile to slip onto my lips.

"Good morning." My eyes gaze up to the beautiful man resting beside me. Francis pulls me in closer, his lips attaching to mine. My eyes suddenly widen, pulling away from him as I come to the realization that it is morning, meaning the servants are probably spreading word about my empty and unmade bed. As if Francis read my mind, he chuckled, hovering over me before he spoke up.

"If the servants are gossiping about your unmade bed, it is too late to rectify the situation." He let his lips leave tender kisses against my neck, making me let out a giggle. His hands tickled at my waist, causing reckless laughter to escape my lips just as he put his plump lips to my neck again.

"Do you think we are being too reckless?" I questioned, letting my fingers brush through his unkept hair.

"I'm yours. You're mine." Francis lowered his lips to my stomach, causing me to giggle. "I hope you're pregnant."

"Francis!" I hissed, not being able to keep a serious face. This boy.

"It would force the wedding sooner." He hummed innocently, pushing his body up to hover over mine. "How could my father argue?"

"You don't think what we're doing is wrong?" I asked him, as he pulled himself up to sit next to me. "As we are not wed yet."

Francis's beautiful eyes gazed into mine before grabbing my hands and pulling me up in front of him. My hands roamed his chest as his combed through my brown hair. "After we rule for a great long while, and we leave France and England to our children, and our grandchildren, and our great grandchildren," Francis lowered his lips, kissing my neck before whispering again, "and we meet our maker, you can ask Him yourself." I let out a chuckle as his pushed me back down, leaving sporadic kisses all over me.

A sharp knock tapped at the door, causing us to jump. I pulled the sheets over my body as I heard the door open.

"Forgive me, but there is word for you from the Holy See." I heard the guard speak.

"The pope?" I heard Francis question. I wonder what this is about? Word from the Holy See must be urgent.

"The cardinal from the Vatican is in the throne room." Francis sighed before the door shut, causing me to let out a bit of a chuckle, causing Francis to as well. I pushed the sheet off of my head, beginning to laugh even more.