Prologue: Sactuary of Oblivion

A/N: well here we go. let me know how you like it. comment and tell me whats what. I got another video for you guys too. you just gotta look that way --------------->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My whole life changed that night. Looking back on it now, it's almost kinda funny. Leaving home in the middle of the night, traveling from world to world, fighting Heartless, and Nobodies. Oh, sorry. Getting ahead of myself. You don't have a clue what I'm talking about, do you? My names Jacob Dawson, but please call me Jake. *laughs* Guess I should have said that at the start, huh?

[Shut up Riku!]

*sigh* Maybe it would be better if I started from the beginning. It might help actually. So let’s see, how long ago was it? Ah, who really cares? I'll just start. It was a plain, normal summer day with me hanging out with my friends Sara and Matt. We wanted to go to the beach and hang out. Typical teen stuff right? Yeah well it doesn't help that I almost drowned!

As soon as we got there I went directly into the water. Strange thing about it is I think the water like me a bit too much, seeing as I was pulled under.

I was being tossed and thrown around like a rag doll as I fell deeper and deeper into the darkness. This whole time I was holding my breath, but I couldn't hold it any longer. You know how they say that there's a bright white light at the end of a tunnel when you die? Whoever said that lied, there wasn't. It was pure darkness. This is it, I thought, I'm goanna die. Wanna know the weird part? I was fine. I was under water breathing air. As soon as I landed on the floor of the ocean I got to my feet and took a step forward. That’s when it happened.

The ground began to light up and the sand cleared away. It was like I was transported somewhere else. I looked down at the ground and gasped I was looking at a stained glass mosaic with Sora and Roxas standing back-to-back. One of them was bathed in light while the other was submersed in the shadows. Now I know you're wondering how I know who the two on the ground were. Simple really, they're from a popular game called Kingdom Hearts, and I was a huge fan.

“This cannot be happening.” I said as a random fish stared at me. Don't be afraid... “What-?”I looked around trying to find the source of the voice, but saw I was completely alone…except the fish. I thought I was losing it. You have a long journey ahead of you...

Now where have I heard this before? I thought. But first, you must face your fears... “Face my fears? That's new.” There was a blinding light and then a door was placed in front of me. I looked at it sideways trying to see if it was a trick of the light, but it just stayed there. Your journey awaits...

I looked at the door, still unsure what to do. Don't be afraid...

...the Light is your friend.

I took a deep breath and summoned up my courage to open the door. I reached out to push it open, but before I could touch it, the doors creaked open letting out the light. The warm glow washed over me and filled me up. But then everything changed.

“Give your heart to the darkness boy!” said a sinister voice from behind me.

“What the hell?” I spun around. But there was no one there. Maybe I’m going crazy…. As I turned back to the door I saw that it was fully open and I could just make out the silhouette of someone standing there. “Well c'mon Jake. What are you waiting for?” I know that voice, I thought, but it can't be him. It’s not. I focused a bit harder on the shadow and saw that it was Matt. He was standing there looking at me. He stretched his hand out to me. I raced through the door, but it seemed the closer I got the farther he moved. I put on more and more speed, but still get nowhere.

As I raced through the tunnel of light, I could see walls forming from the corner of my eye. Pure white walls as far as the eye could see. I stopped in the middle of the hall and took in my surroundings. Everything was white, like freshly fallen snow. “Now where am I?” I muttered to myself. “Castle Oblivion.” someone spoke. I turned to face the stranger. He wore a black leather trench coat with a hood over his head so I couldn't see his face. “Who are you - wait!” I looked around the hall, “Where’s Matt?!”

The stranger remained silent as he took a few steps forward. Fear set in and I stood there frozen. As he approached me, he placed a finger in the center of my chest and just let it linger there for a moment. “A hidden power is locked within you.” I looked at him. I tried to ask what he was talking about, but my voice refused to work. My chest began to feel warm under his touch. I glanced down at it and saw that there was a soft glow. “Such a waste locked away...allow me to unlock your true potential.” Suddenly it felt like I was zapped with a bolt of lightning. I gasped for air as I fell backward through the ground and into darkness once more. I could still hear his voice even as I fell. “You have come far, but know nothing.”

I awoke with a start. My mind was racing. Where am I? What happened? What’s going on? I looked around to get a good view of where I was: laptop on a desk, guitar in the corner, PlayStation 2 hooked up to a television set. This was my room.

“All that...was a dream?” I thought aloud. I lifted my hand up to that spot where the man had put his finger. It was still warm.