Chapter VIII: Battle Royale

A/N: well the title says it all *microphone drops from the sky and speaks into it* let's get ready to rumble!!!! lol I've always wanted to do that.

Re: Connect Kingdom Hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayame and Renxsuke continued to stare each other down. There seemed to be a silent conversation going on between them. There was something going on with the two of them, but I wasn't sure what. While they had there silent showdown, I continued to eye his keyblades. It was the red and black one that worried me.

"Seems like you lowered your standards Ayame." he sneered.

Ayame growled and summoned her second keyblade. It was silver and had a broken red heart as the teeth for the blade (A/N: I'll put a pic up later). She twirled it around and charged at him. I was about to leap in and help her when she shot a bolt a lightning at me.

"Stay out of this!" she ordered me as she blocked one of Renxsukes attacks.

"Hmph," he smirked, "Lost Memory, huh? Tell me, did you ever find out what that lost memory was?"

She growled and continued to advance her assault. I stood there and watched Ayame fight. Sparks flew as keyblades clashed against keyblades. They seemed to be evenly matched, that is until Renxsuke got the upper hand. She tried to dodge one of his attacks only to get struck by that sinister red and black keyblade. She was sent rolling to the side and hit a bench.

I'm not sure if it was my imagination or what, but I thought I heard that Renxsuke guy gasp. Ayame slowly got onto her feet, clutching her side where she was hit and swayed a little on her feet. My grip on Oathkeeper tightened. I wanted to help her; I couldn't just stand here and do nothing. But as I our eyes met, I knew she wanted me to stay out of her way. It took all my will power to stay put, but I knew she had a reason for wanting to fight him and win on her own strength and no outside help. And I had to respect that.

I heard a low groan sound from behind me. At first I thought nothing of it. That is until I heard a blood curling roar.

"RRAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

My head turned and saw that Blayze had woken up from his 'nap'. And boy, was he angry. His piercing yellow eyes focused on me and he growled.

"You!" he pointed at me.

He summoned his keyblade again and leveled it with my chest. He muttered something that I couldn't quite understand and charged at me. Oathkeeper shot up of its own accord to block his Tranquil Darkness. I was able to push him back but he just launched himself at me for another strike. I ducked under his attack and slashed at him. He stepped out of my range making me miss. He advanced on me swinging his blade in wild, but somehow controlled motions. It was like fighting a tornado. I had trouble just blocking his attacks.

I heard Ayame cry out as she lunged at Renxsuke smacking his side with Two Across and slashing across his abdomen with that other keyblade, Lost Memory he called it. His hood started to fall but he reached up and moved it back into place.

"Still hiding behind that hood?" Ayame asked.

Renxsuke didn't answer, he just stood there. His grip tightened around the handles of his keyblades. I'm not completely sure if it was my imagination, but I could swear that there were shadows gathering around him.

Ayame let her blades fall and rest at her sides, "Hmph, still that same sad and poor little boy who's afraid of his own shadow."

At that comment, he rushed her. I thought his attacks were strong before, but now Ayame could hardly block. And he had gotten faster. His movements were a blur; one second he's in front of her, the next behind, the next beside her and so on.

My attention was ripped from their battle as Blayze's leg flicked out to connect with my side. I stepped back just in time to avoid a swipe from his keyblade. I held my side, but continued to stand despite the pain. This was getting tiresome.

"Jake! Ayame!"

I looked up and saw Sora and Riku running into the sandlot. Sora summoned the Kingdom Key and came to my aid while Riku took Wya to the Dawn and went to help Ayame. I could hear her arguing with him to leave, but he paid her no mind.

"What took you so long?" I asked raising Oathkeeper.

Sora just smiled and readied himself, "We ran into Axel over at the Mansion."

"You ran into Axel too!?" I said.

Sora didn't have time to answer as Blayze threw a ball of blackfire at him. He knocked it to the side with a stroke of the massive key. I really wasn't sure if I even had the energy to fight. I was so exhausted it was hard for me to even hold up Oathkeeper.

"You relax," Sora said, "I got this."

He reached up and touched that charm around his neck, "Donald! Goofy!"

Two orbs of light flew straight into Sora causing him to glow. Once the glow faded he was in a yellow and black outfit with another keyblade (A/N: I don't care, pick one lol) in his hand. He ran at Blayze and attacked with a vengeance. I was right next to him attacking with what little strength I had left.

We advanced forward and pushed Blayze back. Soon he was back to back with Renxsuke. The four of us surrounded them waiting for their next movement. Riku kept his keyblade level with Renxsuke.

"It's over Ren." he said.

Renxsuke chuckled at this, "Over? Oh, this is far from over."

He twirled that black and red keyblade around then stabbed the ground. For a moment it was completely black. After a few seconds, the darkness subsided and they were gone. We looked everywhere, but couldn't find them.

The exhaustion finally kicked in, and I fell face first to the ground, fading into darkness. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry if its short >.< I was kinda rushing it. 9 of 10 says I might go back and add stuff just for S&G's. any way sorry for ending it with Jake passing out, but it was well needed. But let me know if it's too short, and ill add more.