Chapter II: Hollow Bastion

A/N: hello wattpaders!! how do you like the story so far? if you like it vote, if it needs work comment. i need the feedback XD off to the right ----------> is a pic of Sora and Riku. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was falling deeper and deeper into the darkness. The farther I fell, the more suffocating the darkness became. As I drifted, I could hear a voice in the distance. It was a familiar voice calling out to me from the darkness. But who was it?

“Jake? Jake, where are you?” My eyes fluttered open sleepily, or at least I thought they did. “W-who's there?” I ask sleepily.

The voice continued to call to me. As it called to me I could make out that it was a female voice. But where did I know that voice? “Why did you leave me Jake?” she called. “Why?”

Leave you? What did she mean ‘Leave her’? I can't even remember where I was, or how I got here.

“C'mon Jake, where are you?” she asked. “I don't know.” I mutter just above a whisper. I tried to remember. Who was she, and why did I leave her? What happened to me? Where was I, and how did I get here? I racked my brain, trying to remember, when something clicked. The hooded figure, the meteor shower, getting struck by that weird key-thing, Matt acting all weird, my date with Sara...SARA!!! “Why did you leave me Jake?” Sara asked. “No,” I said, “I didn't leave you.”

Ah man, I had to get back. I had to set things right, and let her know it was all some big misunderstanding, that's all.

Just then, a bright light appeared above me. I started to hear more voices, but they were unfamiliar to me. “Do you think he's okay?” one asked. “Not sure.” responded another, “But I don't think we should leave him here.” Now, I know what you're probably thinking. “It’s the light at the end of the tunnel, don't go toward the light.” But what choice did I have? I tried to float - what else can you do when you're just drifting in darkness? - toward the light. I wasn't sure what was moving; me or the light? But either way it was getting closer.

My eyes opened to the bright sun being blocked by two figures leaning over me. I raised a hand to shield my eyes from the light and get a better look at the people hovering over me.

“Well hey there!” one of them said. I got a good look at both of them. They were both guys. One of them had spiky brown hair with bright blue eyes. He wore a weird black outfit that was made up of shorts and a zip-up jacket he left open with multicolored trimmings. He was the one who spoke to me. The other guy had straight blue-gray hair and pale green eyes and was wearing a beige sleeveless zip-up vest-like-thing with faded blue jeans.

“Ummm, hey.” I said back. The spiky haired boy smiled and stretched out his hand. “Need help?” At first I was confused. Help with what? Then I realized I was laying on the ground. With a half-smile, I took his hand and let him help me up. Once I was fully upright, I dusted myself off. I staggered a bit but kept my balance. “Hmmm, you don't look familiar.” Mr. Spiky said looking me over. “So what’s your name pal?” I looked at this guy I just met. He seemed nice enough, and couldn't be much older than me. “My names Jacob, but you can call me Jake.”

He smiled. “Well hey Jake! My name's Sora, and this is my best friend Riku.”

I took a second to register those names. Sora and Riku...where have I heard those names? Pushing that thought to the side, I gave them a friendly smile. “Nice to meet you guys.” I said. “So could you possibly tell me where I am?” That Riku guy snorted and folded his arms across his chest. “This world is called Hollow Bastion.” “World?” I asked, “What do you mean by world?” Before he could answer, a shadow stirred behind them. Sora and Riku both snapped around just as a dozen shadows manifested themselves from the wall. Suddenly a massive silver key, with a golden grip appeared in Sora's hand, and a sharp black bat wing with a green eye at its hilt appeared in Riku's.

“Stay back!” Sora ordered. “We got this.”