Chapter V: Crash Course

A/N: ...I’m running out of stuff to say for these things lol. so from here on out im gonna wing it. but anywho, story time.

oh one more thing, since the idea for Ayame came from Midnight_Lily she went and did a spin-off story for her. so if you wanna learn how Ayame became such a total bada**, then go read her book Kingdom Hearts: Mirrored Hearts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke the next morning to the sunlight leaking in through the window. I groaned as I sat up in the bed. I looked around the unfamiliar room and frowned. This isn't my room, where am I? Slowly the memories came back, the storm, the hooded figure, keyblades, heartless, a new world. I was in a room in Castle Hollow Bastion. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up to stretch. I shivered as my bare feet touched the cold floor. Where were my socks? I looked down a frowned, where the hell were my clothes?

I was in my sleep shorts and a tank top. I scanned the room again and saw my clothes hanging on the back of a door. I went to retrieve them and put them on but stopped. As I looked at them I could tell something was up. They were my clothes, but there was something different about them. I could feel power radiate off of them. Dismissing it as a figment of my imagination, I grabbed them off the hanger and put them on. I examined myself in the mirror and nodded in satisfaction.

There was a knock at the door before Sora entered the room.

"Hey Jake!" he greeted. "Ready for your training?" I shrugged, "Exactly what are we goanna do?" A grin crossed his face. "Crash course lesson." I arched an eyebrow at him urging him to elaborate more. He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Remember Riku said the front path was filled with too many Nobodies?" I nodded, "Well that's todays lesson; get rid of the Nobodies." He summoned his keyblade and twirled it around before propping it on his shoulder, "Ready?"

__________________________________________________________________________

As we exited the front door, I saw nothing out the ordinary. Just random platforms and a bunch of elevator systems.

"Ok, so where are these nobodies?" I asked. Something brushed past me causing me to flinch. Then it happened again, and again, and again. "What the hell was that?" I jumped summoning Oathkeeper. Sora summoned his keyblade, I never found out the name of it, too and got ready. "Let's do this!" Just then, a group of weird looking humanoid things appeared. They had a gray skin, and swayed from side to side. Their movement was somewhat like that of a snakes.

"What are those things?" I asked. Sora smirked, "Those are Nobodies. Ok, lesson one: basic attacks. These things have some pretty weird movements, as you can see, so be careful." And with that we rushed at the Nobodies. Adrenaline rushed through me as I went into battle. The skills I learned from all those years of kendo were starting to pay off. But I couldn't really tell if I was doing any real damage to them. They kept slithering around and kicking at me, some of them were defying gravity and walking upside-down. "Ok lesson two," Sora called out hacking at a Nobody, "Magic."

I looked at him as I blocked an attack from the slithering creature. "Magic!? Are you kidding me!?" "Nope," he said striking down another Nobody, "We took your clothes last night and had the three fairy godmothers add some extra power to it. Just focus on the type of attack you want, then thrust your blade." I did as he instructed. I tried thinking of everything hot; fire, the sun, lava. I felt the handle of my blade grow warmer and warmer. Slashing at one of the Nobodies it jumped back, then as if by instinct, I thrust my blade and shouted, "Fire!"

A massive ball of fire erupted from the tip of Oathkeeper, and hit three Nobodies causing them to disappear into nothing. I stared in awe at what I just did. I actually shot a fireball! But that small victory was short lived when more Nobodies showed up in place of their fallen brethren. Sora and I looked at each other and shared one thought: You have got to be kidding me! He closed a hand around the charm on his necklace and called out to someone, "Goofy!" No way, I thought. He couldn't mean...As if to prove me wrong, I heard that familar 'Hi-yuck' and the clumsy dog came running from the castle and up to Sora. In a blinding flash of light, Goofy was gone and Sora was standing there in a crimson red outfit holding another keyblade. He twirled both of them, then charge at the new foes, "Let’s go!"

I charged in after him and attacked the new creatures.

__________________________________________________________________________

After a whole hour of fighting an army of Nobodies, they finally stopped attacking. Sora had returned to his normal black outfit while Goofy was laid out on the ground. I de-summoned Oathkeeper and walked over to Sora who was smiling.

"What was that?" I asked him. He looked at me confused. "What was what?" I gestured to his outfit. "That whole thing with your outfit. Why'd it turn red like that?" He laughed and put his arms behind his head. "That was a Drive Change. It allows me to transform and boosts my skills a bit." "Hmmm," I said thinking back to how his attacks were quicker, "Can I do that?" Sora scratched his head. "I'm not sure. I think they gave you the same abilities as me, so will just have to see."

I nodded in understanding. Goofy had gotten up and looked around. Once he saw there were no more Nobodies, his eyes fell on me. "Well gosh," he said walking up to me, "Hey there friend, I'm Goofy." I smiled, "I'm Jake." Goofy smiled back then turned to Sora, "The King's a looking for ya Sora. He says its important." "Hmmm, ok. Let’s go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hmmmm, so what do you think? seriously, im not getting that much feedback :( , but any way; upward and onward as they say.

Re: Connect Kingdom Hearts!