Come In

They stood at the front door exchanging nervous glances. When the door opened they jumped, but only a little. They sighed with relief and walked in.

"Th-thank you for letting us in," one of them said.

"Yes-- thank you," the other one said.

As they entered through the large doors they began looking around the room for the person who opened the door for them. As the door slowly shut behind them they only noticed it closing when they heard it slightly scratch the wooden floor and click into place as it shut. They both turned around and saw that no one was there.

"Beats me," the taller man said.

He walked over to the coat rack near the doors and threw his coat onto it.

"Might as well get comfortable, the place smells like burning wood, maybe there's a fireplace."

"Yeah," his friend spoke quietly.

They searched the first floor for signs of a room with a fireplace. When they finally found it the saw a couch in front of it and a person seated in it.

"Hey, are you the one who let us in?" He quickly walked up to the persons side.

With the fires light he could see the persons face disformed from severe burns.

"Oh my god," his face retorted in disgust and horror.

His friend quickly ran to his side and gasped at the sight. When the persons head turned to look at them dead on they took a step back. The person lunged for him and grabbed him by his shoulders and held his to close to their own.

"Leave!" It screeched, "leave before it's too late!"

The fire in the fireplace seemed to dance and lash about far more harshly than it once did. The fire began to reach out at them and that's when they started to run. The person who was once sitting on the couch had vanished. When they made it to the doors they wouldn't open. So the man threw his body at the door to try and bust it open and it didn't work.

"I don't want to die," his friend sobbed.

"We're not going to die!" He yelled.

He took the coat rack and threw it at the nearest window and it shattered. He used his hands to remove the shards of glass from the edges of the window.

"Come on let's go!" He yelled and waved at his friend to follow.

When they safely made it outside and watched the house burn down from the gravel road they could see the flames mold into the face of screaming ghost.

/•O•\

Kind of clique but I had fun writing it. :)