The third child (Part2)

Everything was different with his second son. His wife had loved holding her babies. She had loved talking with them. She had loved being their mother. But that seemed not to be the case with her third child. She didn't touch the boy. Seemed annoyed by the child. She didn't look happy at all. Hakuryuu was worried and confused. He couldn't understand what was going on, what was wrong. Why was his wife so unhappy?
She still played with their two other children, snuggled with them, cared about them. Just her third child was ignored.
Hakuryuu was devastated. He loved his tiny son who often cried, was chubby, didn't want to eat much, but was so cute and lovely. It was hard to take care of the boy, his wife, his two other children and his work as emperor. Kougyoku helped him as much as she could. She had her own work to do and an own life to live and still she did so much for him and his family. He would never be able to pay her back for her kindness.

Kougyoku was the one who named the child. A decision he and his wife had made and Kougyoku had not been allowed to refuse. A name should be filled with love. His wife hadn't been able to find such a name before the birth of the child, because she was very selective in this case, and after it had been even worse. His sister who was so happy about becoming an aunt a third time, who was so happy to get another family member, who had already planed all the things she and the little one could do should be the one who names the new born.

When his wife suddenly started to accept her son Hakuryuu was so happy that he almost started to cry. He never asked her what had changed. He had learned that she would tell him if she knew or if she wanted to. Asking her would only annoy her or might even make her go back into that strange behavior.
The behavior of his second son, on the other hand, did not change much. He still did not eat much and cried a lot, but he also laughed a lot. Differently than his two older siblings he needed a lot more time to start speaking. When he was able to say mother and father he called Kougyoku and Hakuryuu's wife mother. Sometimes he would even call Hakuryuu mother.
Walking came a while after speaking. Before that he was crawling around. Like his older siblings he did not know fear! Hakuryuu always wondered where the fearlessness of his children were coming from. Both, he and his wife, were not that fearless. Maybe because they both had been through a lot of bad things. Hopefully their kids would never had to experience bad things.

When his second son was older he cried less and laughed more. The boy loved to make jokes, although those jokes were not really funny or made sense, but one had to started somewhere and then improve from there.
Until he was ten years, he preferred to wear female clothing. Hakuryuu, again, had been worried at first, but soon stopped caring. As long as his son was happy and felt well it didn't matter what kind of clothes his son wore.
Kougyoku loved playing dress up with her nephews and her niece. Hakuryuu's first born was mostly used as model, however the boy didn't mind it at all. He was silently sitting on the ground while his siblings made his hair and put make-up on his face. Mommy and daddy also had to play models from time to time. This was mostly the case after their children had already tested out how the new look would be like. In the end Hakuryuu and his wife looked more like clowns, but this was nothing new, since their daughter had done so before the birth of her younger brother. Now they just had two lovely kids that loved to make them into a mess. Although the kids got better over the time.

When getting older their son also found his love for eating! Just like his mother. He also become interested into animals and plants which led to him bringing home all kind of animals. Normally his parents had no problem with that, but always told him to let the animal go, since he could not keep it in the palace. In the end they got a cat, a dog and later on also a rabbit.

Hakuryuu's second son loved to play outside, run around, make a mess and dress up. The boy was a happy person. With his siblings he played house, let them read stories to him, played pranks and did other fun things. And felt bad when one of his and his sister's pranks hurt someone. Hurting someone was no fun! Kougyoku taught him how to make flower crowns and so he started giving flower crowns as an apologize gift.
Hakuryuu's other two children took their position as older siblings very serious. Defending their little brother against bad guys – including their parents – teaching him how to defend himself and how to get what he wanted, making sure he was dressed well, felt good and was happy. They saw it as their duty to teach their younger brother how the world worked and how to ensure that he had a good time. They had a lot of fun with their family, they loved their life and they wanted the same to apply for their younger brother! Hakuryuu and his wife wanted nothing else for their children!

From time to time the three children would share a bed and sometimes they were allowed into their parent's bed. Snuggling was very important and Hakuryuu loved spoiling his children and his wife.

Hakuryuu's second son was a very honest person, like his father, which caused a few problems now and then, but he soon learned when it was better to stay silent and when to speak his mind.

One of his son's favorite activities became riding. There was a specific horse he always wanted to ride and it even got a name from him since no one thought that giving a horse a name would be necessary. According to the second prince a horse needed a name as much as a human. So he started to name all the animals of the palace. The names weren't that creative at all, however there were cute and funny – just like the little boy.
Hakuryuu's cute son had asked him, his father, to teach him how to ride a horse and later also how to fight. There might not be any reason to educate his son in fighting but there also was no reason to not teach him. Differently than himself his son had a talent for those things and therefore did not fail like him or was weak. Hakuryuu was really proud of his little boy that turned into a fine young man over the time. Well, Hakuryuu was proud of all of his children.

When his son was five years he became a big bother.

__________________________________________________

1. After thinking about it for a while and feeling a little bit better (well, I feel worse), I decided to give it another try. [It does not feel right to have the thing finished on my PC, while it is unfinished here.]

2. Still, it would be nice, if you could write a review after reading. Reviews are the only feedback an author gets – and can use to improve or know if their work was read and liked. And it means a lot to them! A review shows that someone appreciate what we have created and that we have done well. (For some it may also be the only source of compliment they may get.)

You took a few minutes out of your life to read the chapter, so why not take another few second or a minute to write a few nice words? The worst you can do is to make someone else happy and feel great! (And motivate them to share more of their ideas, because uploading a story also needs a lot of courage!)

3. By the way, I use the conversation option on my profile to give some information on my fanfiction from time to time. So, you may want to check it out sometimes - you can also leave a message there, if you want.