Chapter 5:

2019, May 25th, 7:30 A.M. (eastern time)

Naval base, Atlantic ocean, Soldier Mike Sanstrom

I look around and all I can see is the sea. The sun is rising, creating a beautiful pinkish red reflection. I'm standing on the USS Gerald ford 2, America's largest aircraft carrier watercraft. As I look at the reflection in the water, I notice that a goldish, orange streak makes its way down the painting like reflection. I look up in confusion and see a meteor falling from the sky. It's a pretty good sized chunk of space rock. The meteor keeps on coming as I stare at it. All of a sudden I snap out of it, ripping my walkie-talkie from its shoulder strap and yelling into it.

"Does anyone have eyes on this?", I say. "We've got a meteor falling into the atmosphere. Make sure everyone's steered clear of that thing". Flames lick the edges of the meteor, burning it and turning it black. More soldiers start pouring from the lower decks.

I watch it for what seems forever, but It most likely only lasts about 30 seconds. Right before it hits the ocean I notice a metal gleam on a spot that had the rock chipped away. It falls into the ocean with a huge splash, making a large wave, tilting the carrier slightly sideways. Tons of steam comes off the top of the water, and debris from the rock rain down from the sky, but the largest pieces are only about as big as a pen." We'll need to fish him out of the water," I say into the walkie-talkie. 

"We should get a submarine".