chapter 8

The girl sits next to the sleeping area in a mound of books collected from around the facility, scouring through them for anything useful. She has been quite busy lately, finding out as much as possible about this new and intriguing rock. She has collected data about this rock, how hard it is, what its similar to.

The girl's name is Sarah. You can call her Sam.

She has worked for the last week tirelessly, taking small breaks in an old, long room, with an old, worn, and long table. At the end of the room is an older TV that is a little chunky, and very heavy. She has rewired the TV and connected it to an antenna to watch the news. She has thought that it seems rather pointless to have a large table to watch a TV. Obviously, a better choice would be a chair, or maybe a couple couches? It doesn't make sense. She has also found a shelf covered in small rectangular black boxes with magnetic tape wound up in them. Most are in sleeves, and one in particular is in such a condition that you can read the title. It says "The Right Stuff". 

Lots of strange things are in this building. Much of the medical supplies from a medic's office in the warehouse have been plundered and taken back to here bunk. She has also scrounged up a radio, a yellow shiny vest, and a button wearing the phrase "That was easy!".