18 | billionaire in a hospital

18

B I L L I O N A I R E  I N  A  H O S P I T A L

"HERE." SHIRA HANDED me a cup of coffee. She had asked Danny to bring food from the bakery. None of us had eaten last night and there was no good eating place nearby. Danny was here with doughnuts and buns. I wanted to grab one and eat it but Auden was not eating anything at all. I grabbed another cup of coffee and reached him. He was leaning against the glass, looking out at the view through the hospital window.

I caught up with his side and looked at him. His face was tired. His eyes were red and he had dark circles around them. His hair was messy and he looked very ill. He hadn't slept a wink last night. I had woken up early, at six. I was in the exact position before I slept. He was holding me close, lying on his chest and I had woken up to see him looking at the morning sky. It shocked me that he didn't sleep. I couldn't sleep after that, knowing that he didn't sleep.

"Auden," I called and he turned around to look at me, giving me a broken smile. A smile but it was broken and I could see it. I held out the coffee and he shook his head. I sighed, feeling extremely worried. "Please Auden. You didn't eat anything since last night." I almost begged, and he leaned away from the glass, looking at the cup of coffee. He shook his head before pointing to the cup I was drinking from. "Are you going to drink that?" He asked.

I shook my head, losing my appetite already. He reached for the cup I was sipping from and drank the rest of the coffee. My heart fluttered at that action and he gave me the empty cup back, with a smile. A sincere smile this time.

"I feel better already." He let out and I blushed, placing the other cup of coffee on the table before looking out the window.

"KitKat?" He called and I turned around to look at him. "Thank you for staying. You keep me distracted." He tucked a hair behind my ear.

I smiled, knowing what he meant by that and reached for his hand, intertwining them with mine. I pulled him towards the others. I didn't want him to isolate himself. I wanted him to stay with us so that he would feel more distracted.

"Mr Auden?" The lady from last night called and Auden looked over, his whole body stiffening immediately. His bright blue eyes were wide with fear and the whole atmosphere shifted. "She is awake. She requests to see you."

I smiled, feeling exceptionally happy that his mother was awake but when I looked over at Auden, his face was masked with apathy like he was trying to prevent himself from doing something. I let go of his arm but he seemed like he didn't realise that. He blinked rapidly before walking inside the room. Theo followed behind but the lady stopped him from entering.

"I'm sorry sir. Only he is allowed." The lady politely said and Theo shrugged before walking back to Shira. All three of us exchanged glances and there was absolute silence as we waited for Auden to come back.

"I'm so glad she is ok." Shira broke the tense silence and I smiled at her, nodding with agreement. Theo didn't look too pleased though. He did smile, but that was it. He pursed his lips, his forehead furrowed with anxious lines for his best friend. I bit my lip and looked over at Shira. She gave me an understanding glance and began talking about Danny who was awkwardly standing in the corner. She told me how they met and how much of a clumsy boy he is. I laughed and smiled whenever I had to, but that was it.

The door to the room opened and all of us looked over at Auden who was looking at me. I tensed and pursed my lips.

"Come here." He gestured for me to come and my heartbeat wildly as he guided me inside the room. The lady was awake and her warm brown eyes looked at me with kindness. She was leaning against the bed with a pillow placed behind her. There were wrinkles around her eyes, making her look old.

"You must be Katherine." She said, and I smiled at her warmly as I reached her.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs..." I realised that I didn't know her name. "Call me Jenna dear." She said and held my arm. Her hand felt warm.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Jenna," I said and took a glance over at Auden who was smiling at our conversation. I was having a mini-heart attack inside.

"It is nice to meet you too. You are very beautiful dear." Jenna said and I blushed furiously, as she gave me a warm smile. "You are beautiful too Mrs Jenna. I'm really glad you are fine."

"Thank you, dear." She said and looked over at Auden as if pleading with him to say something. I could feel the tension between them brewing and I wanted to disappear right there and then.

"Auden..." Jenna said, almost pleadingly and I felt worried all over again.

"The doctor told you to rest for a few more days and then you can leave." Auden said and I could hear the sharpness he used when saying the word 'leave'. His tone was monotone and authoritative, not at all kind of warm like he uses with me.

"Auden please talk t—"

"I think it's time for us to leave," Auden said. The sharpness in his tone made me snap my head towards him in shock. It had no mercy and it was unkind. For a moment, I didn't recognise him. His jaw was stiff and firm. Jenna's eyes were tearful and she seemed like she was about to cry. I wanted to tell Auden to stay and talk to his mother. I wanted to ask why. I wanted to crush the tension. But, he had already pulled my hands and we were out of the room in an instant. He steered me out of the hospital, and I stared at him the whole time like he was a new person. His strides were fast as if he needed to get out of the place without ruining a second.

"Auden," I called and he looked over at me, a sharp turn and glare that made me flinch. Instantly, he calmed down at my action and held me towards his side. He bent down, giving my forehead a tender kiss. I relaxed immediately, feeling the warm Auden coming back and I let out a contented sigh. This was the Auden I yearned. I hated the Auden that he was just now. It was intimidating.

"Yes, love?" He asked, his tone kind and warm again as we reached the car.

"Are you ok?" I asked, holding his hand tighter and he let out a huge sigh before unlocking the car door for me to slip inside.

"Never better." He gave me a genuine smile and I smiled back warmly before getting in the car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey!

Comment, it makes me want to write more. (:

Comment, vote and share.