31 | billionaire in a ball

31

B I L L I O N A I R E  I N  A  B A L L

I COULDN'T WAIT for this day to end.

I sighed as I twirled around in the red sweetheart neckline dress that seemed to fit every inch of my body. It was elegant and perfect. It hugged my body faultlessly and it didn't feel irritating on my skin like I thought it would. How did Auden know the size of my body?

I tried to smile and relax at the fact that Auden would be there to support me. Auden Milson, the youngest multi-billionaire, owned The Milson Industries.

Would I have looked at him differently If I had known in the beginning? Yes, definitely. I would have treated him like a skank because I despise rich people. The rich people that I have met in my life are completely rotten and selfish. I almost pitied humanity at one stage due to it.

Auden proved me wrong.

He was the complete opposite of what I thought he would be. He is not mean at all. He is the most kind and loyal human being I have ever seen. And, he doesn't eat rich people food, like Snails, Cuttlefish and disgusting stuff like that.

Maybe he does, who knows.

A smile lifted my face and I felt more beautiful as I stared at the mirror. Diamond teardrop earrings were dangling from my ears and I loved them. I admired the way they moved when I shook my head. It swayed like a gentle wave. I sighed, fisting my hands, still feeling anxious inside. My blonde hair was in a neat bun and I wanted to make myself look professional as possible.

The diamond necklace on my neck shined brighter than any of the stars that I have ever seen in my lifetime. The smile on my face dropped as reality struck me once again. My heartbeat increased and I felt anxious all over again. I held onto the table on my side for support. My throat felt parched and I cleared my throat, deciding to head out of the room. Taking a final glance, I walked out of the room with an air of confidence surrounding me.

I was very determined not to let Auden down. I wanted to make him happy. Just as I thought of that, I looked up to meet his lovely blue eyes, the perfect shade of blue that I wanted to paint the walls of my future house with. The only shade of blue that I ever wanted to see in my life. The only shade of blue that could make me happy.

The little black dot in the middle of his eyes moved up and down my appearance, making my cheeks warm but that didn't stop me from approaching him. I fiddled with the ring fitted in my finger as his hand circled my tiny waist. His lips feathered a kiss across my jawline and reached my ear. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin at the contact and held onto his shoulders. "I can't wait to come back home." His voice was low and husky that I knew the dark and dirty meaning behind the sentence immediately.

A shiver went down my spine. "You are so beautiful. I am afraid that someone might snatch you away from me. Someone better, richer, more handsome than me." I was surprised momentarily that Auden would have insecurity like this. He should never be having these thoughts. I kissed his cheek, hugging him close.

"There is no one better than you. No one compares to you." I said and his hands held me close.

"I love you." He kissed my shoulder.

I remained silent, knowing that my silence is hurting him inside. My heartfelt heavy. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded, "Yes."

And, we left in the black limousine that Auden had called to the place we were currently staying. It looked similar to the beach house back home that I was starting to love this house as well.

His hand never let go of mine and I never intended to let go of his. No matter how sweaty and warm it went, I wanted to hold his hand. I looked over at him to see him taking pictures of me with his phone. My eyebrows raised in alarm at his action. My cheeks warmed and a smile lit up my face. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking pictures of you so that I can show our children how beautiful you were." I smiled once again and my heartbeat was just for him as I hugged him and kissed him on his lips in a swift move. He pulled me closer and I could feel that he was trying to control his hands from reaching my hair and so was I. I pulled away and rested my forehead against his. I saw a flash on my right side and smiled knowing that he is still taking pictures. I laughed heartily. "You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. And I hope you keep happening to me for a very long time."

"Till time stops." Auden finished as he grinned, hugging me closer.

"Till time stops," I promised.

"We are here, sir." The chauffeur said and I pulled away. The door opened and both of us stepped out to face an interesting and adventurous night. Flashes of light-filled my vision as I looked at my walking red high-heels clad feet that matched the red on the red carpet. Auden held me close and I held his arm, looking up slowly. The media swarmed around and many wanted to ask questions. The chaperones that were by our sides escorted us safely inside from all the commotion.

"Now, you are officially my fiancé," Auden whispered in my ear and I realised what he meant by that. I would be the topic of tomorrow's gossip magazine.

Is that bad?

Yes, it is.

The insides of the party seemed like a Jamboree. Diamonds shined through the gaps I looked through. Golden lights filled the air. It was exclusive. People were swathed in designer outfits, and there were lots of bling. The opulence and extravagance of the fabulous fashion ball made it difficult for me to breathe. Hushed voices surrounded me as people glanced my way. Most women talk a lovely look at Auden and then give me a one-second look before turning their heads away.

I have only ever attended one rich party in my life and it was a masquerade ball which was a memorable night but that is a topic for later.

"Who is she?"

"There is a ring on her finger."

"She is with Auden Milson."

Voices saying these phrases reached my ears and I ignored them, glancing at Auden who looked at me with all his love. My heart warmed and the judgemental world around me was forgotten as we continued walking along the polished marble floor.

I felt like the night would be going great but that thought went away in an instant when my feet plunged into a huge triple chocolate pumpkin pie that fell on the floor right in front of me causing me to lose my balance as I awaited the embarrassing moment for my face to hit the floor.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello everyone!

What do you guys think is going to happen next? 🤔🙈

Comment, vote and share.