39 | billionaire in vengeance

39

B I L L I O N A I R E  I N  V E N G E A N C E

THE SUN WAS bright and shining through the window. I could hear some remote noise from outside. I wanted to stretch myself. I was naked and blushed a little at the memories of last night. Getting up in the morning was so difficult, it was so nice and comfortable lying under the warm blanket. I discovered that there were no arms wrapped around me or any breaths fanning my face. It saddened me a little that I didn't wake up to a perfect morning after what happened last night.

I turned around and a smile reached my ears as I saw Auden, his hands tucked behind his head as he lay facing the ceiling with his eyes closed. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked tense. I reached out to his face to soothe his eyebrows but immediately became alarmed when his hand grabbed mine from touching his face.

He was awake.

He was already awake.

He gently pushed my arm away and got up, facing the other side of the room. His legs dangling off the bed and he looked like he wanted to get up and walk away, but he stayed.

My heart broke in two at his actions.

Worry lines etched onto my face and I clutched the sheet to my chest as I got up. I crawled towards him and laid my hand on his shoulder, making his body stiffen.

"Auden, what's wrong?" I asked, my voice cracking a little at the end. He had never behaved this way towards me before that it broke me inside. At the sound of my weak voice, Auden turned around to look at me. His eyes were a dark blue. He looked angry and tense, but I could see the concern behind them.

"Auden, tell me what's going on." I almost begged and he stood up, tucking his hand into his beige shorts that he must have worn later. He started walking away and anger built up inside of me. This is not what I had in mind for a perfect morning. And, I am not a patient person when it comes to problems. I want them solved right away.

"Auden!" I shouted across the room, just as he reached the door. He stopped at my voice but stood there, never turning around. I waited for him to say something. The sound of the clock ticking away precious seconds and minutes were the only noise that filled the room. Reminding me of the minutes that were supposed to be perfect, but now they were a disaster.

Suddenly, he turned around, giving me a sharp gaze and walked towards me with stride and determination. My heart skipped a beat as he reached for my arm and pulled me out of bed. I tumbled a little but knew that Auden would never hurt me. He pulled me to stand in front of the huge mirror. In an instant, he had pulled the white sheet that was curled warmly around me away. And there I stood, completely and utterly naked in front of him and the mirror.

I knew exactly why he was angry right there and then.

"What are these?" His voice was low and controlled. Like he was trying to control himself from doing something.

My eyes scanned over the small bruises and faded scars that etched my thighs, my stomach, and my back. There was one scar, a deep one that was stretched from my hip to the back of my thigh. I shuddered, trying to push back the memories that were poking my mind. I had forgotten about all these things that I always hid perfectly. The time when his fingers reached underneath my shirt, I had pushed him away afraid he would see the bruises. The dresses I wore, were also dresses that hid the small scars and wounds on my body. I had been always cautious of them. They were a constant reminder every morning when I bathe. Reminding me that I was weak and that I never fought back. How could I have forgotten about this? Did lust and desire blind me so badly?