41 | billionaire in tranquility

This book is #18 in romance guys! :D click on the little orange star button if you think this book deserves it! ❤️

41

B I L L I O N A I R E I N T R A N Q U I L L I T Y

THE ICE-CREAN FREEZER was stacked high with all of my favourites, chocolate peanut butter, raspberry ripple and tin roof sundae, but there were more, so many more! As my breath fogged up the glass another shopper cut in front of me reaching indecisively. I took a step back and waited until they were gone, this wasn't something I liked to rush. I walked up and down, looking at the prices as well as the flavour. Finally, I decided that nothing beats chocolate chip cookies.

Taking a huge box, I placed it in the shopping cart and looked at the ingredients list in my hand. One more thing to go.

"Tent," I said and looked over at Auden who was busy reading a business email on his phone. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. "Auden." I cooed in a sing-song voice and he looked up, putting the phone away for the final time that day.

"Sorry, Kitkat." He muttered, before kissing my forehead and taking the shopping cart from my hands. He started moving forward and I followed him.

I understood. His work is important too. He told me last night that ever since he met me, he hasn't concentrated on his work. Because of his break, there were piles and piles of emails that he had to reply to. He was doing that the whole of last night. He wanted to finish them by Friday so that he can be free during the Camp.

Auden suggested that he can get his maids or servants to go and buy all the items for us. But, I didn't want that. I was grown up to do all the things on my own and I was not ready for giving it up all of a sudden. Plus, I wanted the shopping experience.

Did I mention that Theo and Auden were invited too? Theo's father is a lawyer who is part of the association and Auden's company is one of the sponsors of the association so they were both invited too.

We reached the Tent section and looked around. I still couldn't digest the fact that the Camp is being held in the middle of a forest. It would be fun but still. Shira told me that the experience was adventurous and thrilling because you could hear the howls and roars of the wild animals in the forest. That would be nerve-wracking. The thought of it excited me even more and my belly tingled in enthusiasm. I felt like a child waiting for Christmas.

Leaving the Cart in one place, Auden went forward and touched the material of the orange tent in front of us. His nose scrunched up. "The material is bad." He commented and I touched the material to see that it was quite thin. He moved forward and assessed all the tents before stopping in front of a blue one. He looked at me, giving me an assuring glance. "Go and sit inside."

I went in, making myself comfortable and looked around. It was perfect and a little huge. It would be comfortable for two people. But, we had to place our luggage somewhere. So, Auden suggested that I should get a little bigger one. I popped my head outside to look at him with a thumbs up. He smiled at me amusingly, before bending down and coming into the tent.

"It's good. This is the one." He said, checking the zip, just to make sure.

"I'm so excited." I squealed, revealing my excitement to him because I just couldn't keep it in. He chuckled at my state.

"It would be good. You can get a clearer idea of the association. It would help you make a decision." Auden said, before brushing away a strand of loose hair from my face. I smiled at him, nodding my head. It warmed my heart that Auden was letting me choose whether to go or not. It has been a long time since I have ever decided on my own. Everything was forced or made by someone. I pushed those disturbing thoughts away.

"How was your first experience?" I asked, referring to the Camp.

"It was crazy." He shuddered. My eyes widened. "Everything was going well until a bear came into our campsite. It was huge and it destroyed everything. No one got hurt but it was pretty crazy. Uncle West-Theo's dad set it on fire and it burned down. We had a huge meal that night." He smiled and his story excited me even more.

"Come on, let's get out before the assistants come and embarrass us." He winked and I blushed as both of us got out of the tent.

"Anything else?" He looked over my shoulder at the shopping list in my hand. I shrugged but asked, "Can we get some KitKats?"

He chuckled before getting me a huge box of Kitkats. I squealed in happiness before both of us went to the cashier. I looked around for any signs of Theo and Shira.

"Don't worry, they will come. We will wait in the car." He said. After paying for all the things, both of us carried the bags to the huge Range Rover waiting outside. I saw Shira leant against the car in annoyance, with her arms folded across her chest. I looked over at Auden, and he shrugged before putting the bags in the back of the car.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She pursed her lips. "I got kicked out."

I laughed, not surprised at all. "What did you do?"

"Theo and I were looking for good Fishing Rods and I wanted to check if they were working. I swung it around and it got stuck in an old lady's hair. Her wig fell off and it got into a big fight." She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips again as I laughed. Auden smiled before unlocking the car.

"Get in the car, ladies. I will go and get Theo." He said and both of us got in the car. The topic shifted as I started telling her how excited I was. She smiled before turning up the music and both of us laughed as we danced crazily.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hola! 💃🏻

Do you guys think I should change the cover of this book?

Comment, vote and share.